Chapter 8.5

♾️💗♾️💗♾️💗♾️

One of those days, Mio insisted that I talk to her about what's going on. I didn't intend to really do talk about it, but since she was so eager to, I let her in my room. It's better in my room than outside, where others might get the chance to see and hear us.

She sat across me as I sat on my bed. She's been staring at me for a while now before blurting out something surprising.

"Everyone in the house knows about you two."

"E?" My eyes widen at her words. Then I finally look her in the eyes.

"It's been two months, Kisa-chan. Since he came, he's always been looking for you. He has already asked everyone about you, about things about you. I'm sure by now, no one thinks there's nothing going between the two of you specifically after seeing him get out of your room the other day," she continued.

"Ee??" When I thought I've been keeping it low between the two of us, he was already doing that much stuff behind my back. Is he... really that serious about me?

"It's obvious he's smitten about you. And I think you're interested in him too, right?" She asked, brows crossing.

I turned away by then, not knowing if I should tell her or not. But instead, maybe because I was still guilty about making him feel bad, I nodded.

"Then what's taking you so long to accept him?!" Mio exclaimed quite loudly.

I got a little startled, and the look on my face must've shown it all, so Mio calmed down a little bit.

"Gomen," she said. "But I just can't understand why. I can see his genuine feelings for you whenever he asks about you. And I don't think you hate him even a little bit. I just... want to see you two happy together. It's not every day you find someone who loves you back, so why take it for granted?"

I can feel Mio's heartfelt concern about me, about us. And maybe she's right that I've been taking this the wrong way. It's true that I like Fumiya. It's true that he's somewhat returned my feelings for real all this time. So maybe I'm the one at fault now. Maybe I should really stop being stubborn and just accept the truth. I'm just scared, aren't I?

"Gomen... soshite (and) arigatou Mio-san," That's all I had to say to Mio.

But she smiled at me and replied, "Ganbare (Do your best)! Kisa-chan!"

I know what she meant, and I knew what I had to do. With a smile, I nodded to her with determination and passion anew.

♾️💗♾️💗♾️💗♾️

To be continued...

nantokanarusa 23.12.22