Chapter 9

♾️💗♾️💗♾️💗♾️

Despite my resolve to clear things up with Fumiya, I had a hard time when my introversion kept getting in the way. It's hard for me to talk to him outright. And it's getting even harder for me to catch up to him since he's often out and busy these past few days.

♾️💗♾️💗♾️💗♾️

It's a rainy day, and I felt like watching the rain from my window as I took a break from work. I opened the curtain and found heavy rain falling from the skies. It's past 3PM, and I wondered if Fumiya brought an umbrella. He'd be soaked if he didn't, and he might catch a cold.

Feeling cold myself, I walked out of my room to get some hot water in the kitchen. There, I found Mio drinking a cup of coffee too.

"Ah, Kisa-chan, craving for a cup of coffee too?" She asked cheerfully.

"Hai," I answered as I got the hot water I needed.

I was ready to go when Mio made a small talk again.

"Takahashi-san couldn't bring an umbrella earlier when he left since he was carrying so many things," she said.

I turned to her thinking, she must've seen him earlier in the day. And before I could ask anything else, she added, "And I overheard him talking on the phone saying he'll be out by 7PM today too. Just letting you know. Ja (Bye)!"

Mio left before I could thank her. And as I stood there, with the information she told me, I made up my mind. With my heart and mind finally acting as one, I'd wait for him tonight.

Fast forward

The rain isn't stopping anytime soon. It's 6PM, and it's still pouring. I got my umbrellas ready by my side since a while ago. Fumiya told me before that his office is a one-hour ride from the bus stop nearby. So if he's out by 7PM, he had to be there by 8PM. These umbrellas are just an excuse, I'm sure he would know.

8PM

I'm waiting by the bus stop as the heavy rain still grazes the night. Finally, the 8PM bus arrived. One by one, the passengers unload the bus. Every single one of them carrying umbrellas. I waited patiently for Fumiya to come down, and when he did, I got a little disappointed. He was carrying an umbrella with him. It's probably one he bought at a convenience store on the way. I felt a little stupid myself. He's a grown man. Why wouldn't he buy for himself, right?

Feeling a little dejected, I turned away, hoping he didn't see me. My disappointment is eating the better of me again. For a split second, I thought of running away again. For a split second, a thought of hiding away again. But on second thought, I got my courage back. And coincidentally, that was when I heard him call out my name.

"Kisa?"

As I turned around, he was walking towards me, checking out if it really was me right there on this rainy night.

I finally left it all behind, the embarrassment, the disappointment, the stubbornness. I faced him with every bit of resolve that I had. Tonight is the night I'd reveal the real me in front of him. And I hope he does the same as well.

"I brought an umbrella cuz Mio-san said you didn't bring one... but you have one in your hands right now," I said as a matter of fact.

He smiled, finding it cute of me, to be embarrassed of being concerned about him. "I'll take it," he said as he took the umbrella from me, "Domo, Kisa."

My heart was fluttering for him. I never thought liking him could ever make me feel this way. This interaction is something else for me. Something I never expected to happen.

We were walking home when the rain finally stopped. From the bus stop to our share house, was a fifteen minute walk.

"Ah, it stopped," he said as he folded his umbrella.

I folded mine too, and now we're seeing face to face, without any hindrance. We had stopped walking by now.

"Sumimasen (Sorry)," I started. He seemed a little surprised at first, but I have to do this now. "I was being too difficult since that night. The truth is nobody knew. I kept my feelings to myself, and I just couldn't believe that I actually let it slip to the person those feelings were meant for. I was too humiliated learning that I even confessed. And to have slept with you that night without even knowing, it was even more devastating for me. I just didn't want to accept it. Sumimasen."

"It was hard for me," he looked at me with gentle eyes and continued, "But I couldn't blame you. I was wrong for giving in that night. I should've waited till you're sober to clear things up. But... the confession you don't even remember, it was just so sincere that I straight up believed you. And i thought to myself, where can I ever find a girl who loves me just for me and not because of anything else. You were the only girl who made me feel that way. So when I found you again, I decided not to let you go anymore. Though I was a little impatient, gomen."

I paused for a moment, staring into his eyes. So he really accepted me. From that night till now, he already liked me, right?

"Are you... really okay with someone like me?" I just had to ask. Cuz it seems like there's no going back for us this time around.

"Hm," he nodded right away with a cute smile. "Suki da (I like you), Kisa."

I couldn't help but smile myself when finally I heard him say it loud and clear. So I replied with the boldest I have been in a long time, "Watashi mo (Me too), Fumiya."

Leaving all my embarrassment behind and even dropping my umbrella, I leaped onto his arms and gave him a tight hug, feeling happy, the happiest I've been in a while.

He was smiling at my gesture, and the same way he dropped his umbrellas and returned my embrace by wrapping his arms around me, even tighter, both of us feeling loved for the very first time.

♾️💗♾️💗♾️💗♾️

To be continued...

nantokanarusa 23.12.22