Chapter 4 Old Memories

Some time had passed on their way through the forest. Knight Carl and Cypher were navigating the dense woods.

"Hey, Cypher, do you even know where Silver... I mean, your sword is taking us, anyway?" Knight Carl inquired.

Cypher looked up from the inscription on the handle of his sword and then glanced at Carl. "I'm unsure as of right now."

"My apologies for interrupting, but I couldn't help overhearing both of you. Listen, Cypher, you should be regaining your memories soon, especially when our young fox friend joins us," Silver conveyed to Cypher, addressing them both.

Cypher attempted to recall a time when he knew a fox, as implied. "Hey, Timmy... I mean, Cypher. Man, I don't think I'll ever get used to that. Um, could you ask our friend here a question?" Carl asked Cypher.

"Ask away, Knight Carl," Silver responded through the handle.

"Right! So first, you can just call me Carl. It sounds weird when you say 'knight' every time. To tell you the truth, I'm unsure if I'll still be a knight by the end of this silly journey of ours," Carl expressed to Silver.

"It's not silly, Carl," Cypher stopped and turned to look at Carl with a serious expression. "Carl, what makes it right for you to say it's silly to revive Tails?" Cypher halted, looking down in confusion. "How did I know who we are going to see?"

"Ah, perfect. I see that you're getting some of your memories back," Silver remarked. "Sorry, Silver, but who is Tails again?" Cypher questioned.