First Day✨

Author's Note: This story is dedicated to my dear friend Katie (name changed). She played the role of dumb female protagonist of this story. The character, attributes, and innocence of the female protagonist are just reflections of my friend's attributes. But the story is purely fictional.

*******************************

"Dadddy, it's getting late. Please fast!" I screamed at a high pitch. It was my first day at work, and that too was on my birthday. I don't want to get an earful on my birthday.

"Do you really need this work? That school is a real challenge not only for students but also for teachers." He warned me, but I didn't want to give away the only offer that I was holding.

Will I go for such a job if I am rolling in money?

I was filled with anxiety. My dad dropped me off at the school. I went fast to the chairman's office to meet an old man who I met on interview day.

"Dear, Come in." He gave a smile and added, "Sit down," as I was hesitating to sit without his permission.

"Today you won't have much to handle as the students are on leave." He said.

Shhiiii! Then why am I here without even caring about my birthday?

I gulped my anger and said, "Ok, sir."

He guided me to a room where some teachers were sitting with a spiritless expression. I added myself to that little crowd, and my expression was not much different than theirs.

I sat there for a complete hour without even having a single soul to talk to until I finally heard, "Happy Birthday, Newcomer!"

I turned to look at a 6-foot man wearing a wide smile on his handsome face, which made him much more beautiful.

"Thank You!" I muttered.

How do you know my birthday?

"Aren't you thinking about how I know your birthday?" He is so good at reading my face.

"Yes!" I chuckled.

"Here is your CV, which I am about to file. I saw a picture of a wonderful woman on the profile, and I couldn't resist myself from reading the CV three times straight. Only on the third time did I realize that today's your birthday, May 22." He wooed me with his words.

It was just a 2-minute talk, but I could really sense the charm in him.

Tring! Tring! Tring!

Someone's disturbing my time with this charming prince.

I took out my phone to witness my cousin Aara's name on the screen. I attended the call, though I didn't want to.

"Happy Birthday, Katie." She screamed at a high pitch.

"Thank you." I uttered on the phone, but with eyes still on him. He slowly walked away without taking his sight away from me.

As he went out of my sight, I murmured on the call, "Hey! I really, really like him."

"Whaaaaaaatttttttt?????"