16✨

He broke the silence and said, "Can I kiss you?"

Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaatttttt?

I was shocked by his behavior, but something has gotten into me that made me nod. His lips came close to mine, so I tightly closed my eyes. I didn't know what to do then, as I didn't even have the slightest idea of what I should do at that very moment.

I compressed my eye sockets heavily, as I was more nervous than excited.

After a minute of waiting, I opened my eyes. He was softly chuckling at my reaction.

"You didn't love both of us. You love the idea of being in love." He uttered. I was embarrassed as I waited for a kiss that was never about to happen.

"Okay. I don't love you. I am going home. Bye." I took a few steps until he grabbed my hands to stop me.

"You never had a kiss, right?" He chuckled.

"I had more than what you had." I counted all the kisses that my dog gave me.

"Kissing your family and pets doesn't count." He grinned.

"Okay!" He was good at not only provoking me but also making me feel embarrassed.

"I am going home." I said that and took a step forward while his wide arms wrapped me from behind, and that was the most romantic moment I ever experienced in my entire life.

I was under his tight hug, and I didn't want to pull apart either. I asked, "Why do you love me?"

"Should there be a reason for it?" He asked, still holding me in his embrace. I remained silent, so he added, "Maybe I love you because you are beautiful."

I chuckled at his response. He let go of the hug and turned me to face him. "Do you really love Jax?" He wanted an answer that soothed his heart.

"Yes. He is the first person to love me." I said it worriedly. He didn't want to extend the conversation more about him.

"Let's go to sleep." He said that and took me inside his house. All those hugs and almost kisses happened near the pool. So for the first time, getting inside his home made my heart race and my stomach react weirdly.

"You sleep here." He said that, and the room that he pointed to is his. Though I never visited his home, one can easily sense the master bedroom of his home because of the grandeur it reflects.

"You..." I was nervous to talk and more nervous not to talk.

"I will sleep in the guest room. Good night!" He said that and went away from my sight.

Ring, ring, ring

An alarm sound in the background woke me up. I squinted my eyes, and my hands waved on the bed to find my phone, which was ringing. I touched something more like a solid rock, and I turned to witness him next to me in bed.

Whhhhhaaaaaaaaattttttttt