13✨

"You don't love both of them, I guess," Aara said.

"Why are you assuming things?" I asked.

"If you really loved Jax, you never would have gotten the idea of having both." She declared.

"Okay. Then I might love Enzo, right?" I questioned her, to which she just chuckled and didn't say anything.

I went home after an hour of talking and buying just a pack of instant noodles.

"Come have your dinner!" My father called me.

I went out of my room while I heard my phone ringing.

"Whoever it is, come have your dinner." My mom shouted.

I eagerly went back to my room to witness one of my lovers' names on the phone.

It's Jax.

"Can you come over today?" He asked as soon as I picked up the phone.

"But why? The day is already over." I was confused.

"The best part of the day is not done yet." He started his usual flirting.

"Okaayyy!" I didn't know what else to say, as I was new to this flirting.

"I am asking for a sleepover. What do you say?" He asked such a huge thing in a casual tone.

Enzo's words kept running through my head.

Is he really an as____? What will possibly happen if I say yes?

"Yes! Give me your address." I just wanted to know where things could go if I adopted his tune.

"Hey! Great! Let's meet in the Arabica inn. I will text you the location." He said it enthusiastically.

"I will be meeting you only if it's your home. Not anywhere else. Especially not in inns, lodges, or hotels." I was angry, thinking that he might be a rogue, just like Enzo said.

"Don't you trust me?" He asked angrily.

What's there to trust? I know you only for a day or two.

"I don't want romantic things to be fast. If you say okay to it, I can trust you." I was still doubting his fast pace.

"You are no fun. Don't act like a little kid. Can't a man you love fu...?" I didn't want to hear that. So I cut off his call, and tears flooded my eyes.

I still couldn't think of him as a bad guy. His way of life might be different from mine, or he might be really bad, just like Enzo said.

I started to doubt not only Jax but also Enzo. I wanted to test Enzo, just like Jax. No matter how hard my heart could ache at the end, I still wanted to eliminate all the unworthy choices I had.

I took my phone and dialed Enzo's number.

"Hello! Is there any problem?" He asked hastily in a worried tone.

"No." I murmured, for which he remained silent. I took a moment to muster up my courage and asked, "Can I come to your home for a sleepover?"

"Whhhhhhaaaattttttt???"