22✨

You took just a single day to love me. Didn't you?"

"I didn't."

"Whhhhhhaaaattttttt?"

"You didn't? Didn't you love me?" I asked in shock.

"Yes. I love you." He said.

Thank God it's in the present tense.

"Then?" I asked, to which he replied, "I didn't take a single day to fall in love with you."

I couldn't understand the prank that he was trying to play.

"What?" I couldn't stop myself from asking 'what' after hearing such crucial statements.

He didn't say anything, but he just smiled with pain.

"Do you know why I never rush things with you? Because, I believe we have forever. But now I doubt all my life choices." He sounded extremely sad.

"Hey!" Did you know me before that car collision?" I really wanted to know how long this man was into me.

He nodded and went close to his cupboard, picked up a note, and handed it to me. 

It was an old, rugged notebook. I flipped to the first page to see his full name, but I was shocked to see my own name on it.

As I flipped further pages, I realized that it might be my rough note from school days.

"How did you get this?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Our school used to buy the study materials of our competitor schools from an old bookstall. During which they accidentally got your notebook." He said.

As I flipped through pages, I couldn't find anything great about it, so I asked, "Is this the reason for your love for me?"

He nodded.

"What's so great about it?" I really wanted to know the reason behind his unconditional love.

"There is no single thing that's so great about it. I learned a lot about a girl and her interests, which made me interested in her." He said that, and while talking about that notebook, his sorrow seemed to vanish a little.

"You had the love that I wanted. You had abundant love to be shared, and I wanted all that. You loved multiple things. You drew your parents. You dedicated a page to your favorite stars. You also assigned a column on your page to get their signatures. You drew places you would love to visit. I wanted to get you everything you ever wanted. I wanted to see the reaction you'd have once you received everything you ever wanted from your life. I wanted it to be me who would fulfill all your wishes, and nobody else. He said and added, "Even I was the reason for you working here." I interrupted his words and said,

"Whhhhaaaaaaattttttttttt?"