1. 도움

Money is such a funny thing, some of us spend more than required because we have more money to spare, while some of us can't even meet the essential needs due to being short on money. Park Jihoon, the richest guy in the whole uni definitely fell on the first type. Buying lunch for whoever, whenever, buying extra drinks just in case- always surrounded with friends who're not really his well wishers, always driving his expensive car- he was the perfect definition of if not spoiled at least a crazy rich guy. During the 20 minutes break time after first three classes of the day, therefore, he sat next to his 'group of friends' snacking and gossiping his heart out.

Right across from him, a little far from his gang sat a beautiful young man, quiet, attentive, very very pretty. Unlike Jihoon, he wasn't munching on snacks cause well, he couldn't afford spending money like that. He was seen scribbling something on his notebook, mumbling something while counting with his fingers. Maybe he was doing some maths?

"Hey?" A soft voice called him, handing him some rice cakes.

"Oh, thanks Yoshi." The man replied, taking the only thing he'd be eating until the uni's over. Kim Junkyu, the man of concern- was struggling with money. His only friend, a kind Japanese man, Kanemoto Yoshinori was doing everything to help him.

"What are you doing?" Yoshi who had taken a seat on the desk looked down at the notebook and asked. There were names of stores, some crossed out. "Looking for work?"

"Mm. Gotta hit all these by tonight." Junkyu showed at least 10 store names yet to be crossed out. It made his friend sigh.

"Kyu, if you do these, you won't get time to study. Remember we have a quiz this week?"

The sigh of frustration left Junkyu as well, "What can I do, tell me? Since I got fired from the last one, I don't have any place to work at. The month's about to end, Yoshi yah. I need to pay the rent."

"You can take money from me." His friend said, "Just pay me back later, what's the big deal?"

Junkyu shook his head, "That's just gonna add more to it. Trust me, if I need, I'll ask from you. But for now, I need to find a job. Or else.. I don't know..." Junkyu struggled to hold back from crying. Last few days had been hellish for him. He had little to no savings, he could barely manage three meals a day. Add the expenses of his institution and the monthly rent of his living space. It was getting impossible.

He was thinking about dropping out, and focusing on a full time job cause how else would he keep living on?

The two friends spent the break time talking about how Junkyu should approach the stores, or how he should spend the small amount of money left. Since Yoshi was from a different class, he walked away after the break was over and the teacher came. Jihoon's gang was dismissed as well; on his way of walking back to his seat, through the corner of his eyes, Jihoon saw the list on Junkyu's notebook. It was unintentional, just an accident you can say. But Park Jihoon was curious. Very very curious. Plus, he had always been fascinated by the quietness of the mysterious pretty guy, Junkyu.

So the names of the stores kept ringing in his head. What could those possibly mean? Why was half of the list crossed out? Why did Junkyu look so worried? Jihoon wasn't even his friend, they barely talked, but the questions kept the rich man wondering. So after the class was over, when everyone packed up to go have lunch, he approached Junkyu.

"Hey," he blocked Junkyu from walking out of the classroom. Curious to be approached by the popular male, the latter stared with large round eyes, "Yes?"

"I know it's kind of interfering in your business but- um, I accidentally saw what you wrote and I was wondering what... that meant?"

"Excuse me?" Junkyu was quite taken aback. Who wouldn't be?