Chapter 61

Matt's POV

"Calm down Matt." Sophie assured me. "She won't have gone far."
How the hell would Sophie know? She could be anywhere.
"Try calling Stacey and her dad first."
I guess I could, but I highly doubted she'd be there.
I picked up my phone, but before I rang any of them, I called Ana, maybe, just maybe she'd answer.
Hi this is Ana
Leave a message and I'll call you back.
"Ana, baby, it's me, please call me, I'll come get you, please come home."
I pressed end and looked at the phone. I hadn't expected her to answer, but the sound of her voice had hurt.
"Matt, just call them." Sophie urged.
I called Ana's dad first because I knew he'd be the less likely person she'd go too.
"Matt, how are you?" He answered.
"Okay."
"How is my granddaughter?"
"Beautiful."
"That she is."
"Sorry to bother you but have you seen Ana today?" I asked.
"Not today but I was hoping to pop over on the weekend to see you all."
"Oh sure, that would be fine." As long as I've found your daughter by then.
"Well see you then." He said hanging up.
I didn't tell him Ana was missing because I really didn't want to alarm him.
"Stacey." Sophie told me.
I was about to call when a cry came from the spare room. Charlotte was awake.
"I'll get her, you call." Sophie ordered.
I watched her walk out and called Stacey.
"Matt, is everything okay?" She immediately asked.
"Ha yeah, Ana just seems a little off, you haven't seen her by any chance?"
"Oh Matt, it's not postpartum depression is it?"
I raised my eyebrows, it was a depression, a depression so bad, but I couldn't tell her that.
"Mm no, she's just a little down."
"Keep an eye on her Matt."
Well I'd failed at that.
I looked up, watching Sophie walk in with Charlotte in her arms.
"I will." I assured her hanging up.
I put my phone down and held out my arms.
"I'll get her bottle." Sophie said, heading into the kitchen.
I looked down at my daughter and watched her fussing. I kissed her forehead.
"I'll find Mommy." I whispered.
She looked up at me with so much trust, I couldn't let her down. She was so tiny, so vulnerable, she needed her mother, I closed my eye's, I needed her mother.
"Matt." Sophie said softly, handing me a bottle.
I fed Charlotte in silence, just watching her, I could watch her all day.
"Did you try Ana's phone again?" Sophie suddenly asked.
"Well no, I mean I highly doubt she'd answer."
"Try Matt, you never know, maybe she would, maybe she's just waiting for you to call again."
I shrugged, I guess I could at least try.
I finished giving Charlotte her bottle, then changed her diaper, settling her back down and I stood there watching her for a minute, watching her and missing Ana, missing Ana so much.
I grabbed my phone and headed into the dining room, calling her number again.
It rang three times then Ana answered.
"Matt." She sobbed.
"Ana, baby, tell me where you are?"
She didn't reply, but I could hear her crying.
"Ana please."
"Matt I can't do it." She cried.
"What baby, what can't you do?" I felt my chest getting tighter, her voice was breaking my heart.
"Live." She sobbed.
I felt my blood run cold. "Ana." I said softly. "Just tell me where you are and I'll come and get you. Everything will be okay."
"It won't," She sobbed. "I'm so sorry."
The line went dead and I stood there looking at the phone.
"Sophie, Brian." I yelled running to the living room. "We have to find her, we have to find her now."
"What happened?" Sophie cried, sensing the alarm in my voice.
I looked at them, I couldn't speak, how did you tell someone that you think your wife was going to do something to herself, how do you put that into words?
I opened my mouth, but nothing came out.
I needed, no I wanted to find Ana now.