I Fail To Undress Achilles

When we got back to our apartment, we remained in silence. First in silence on the couch, then in the kitchen, and finally in the bathroom where I had to help him out of his, for lack of better term, drag. There was a tension in the room, and you could feel it in the air, a net force pushing against every movement and breath you took. I tried my best to keep my eyes down, afraid if they focused on anything the tears would come. This does not mean I was not aware of Achilles, who's back and shoulders were stiff and squared; his fist clenched, flexing various muscles and veins to avoid opening his mouth. In this state, his eyes were hard and glaring, like he wanted to unleash a storm on my father, but when his eyes caught my own through the mirror they softened into the color a sunlit lake would have. I find myself lost in this. With his shoes kicked off by the door, shawl on the floor, and dress half unlaced, and hair only held together by the mold of hairspray, he began to speak, " Your father is a fool and a coward, and in my eyes, unworthy of living."

I do not reply, except for an exhale of relief like sorrow.

"May I be honest? You are too good for that family line of his. That legacy would be your chains, pulling you away from happiness. And I almost didn't want your plan to work, because if it did," he paused to chuckle under his breath, " I. I. I guess here what I'm trying to say, I want you to stay with me. Please. I consider you my partner, in life and in love, and while I cannot guarantee you anything much, i really do wish you'll have me and stay with me. "

" Okay," I whisper. And in attempts to hide the smile, I burry my face in his back, arm around his waist. My face fits perfectly between his shoulder blades and my arms around his waist. His hands fit perfectly in mine.

We begin to laugh and cry. The stress of the evening, and maybe our whole lives coming out in hysteria.

                              A/n                                         
Do we want a playlist?