23 || Caught Ya!!

Happy New Year!

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Just when I was about to leave, someone suddenly pulled me and trapped me between him and the wall—a familiar face, "Finally, I caught you," he smiled.

"Karma?"

"Well, the one and only." The redhead said without moving from his place. Stunned by his presence, I stood there frozen in shock, trying to process what had just happened.

"I wasn't expecting this reaction, but oh well, now it's time to talk."

"First, can you move?" I sighed, patting his chest—motioning him to move.

"If I do, can you promise you won't run away?" I nodded.

Karma was suddenly pulled back and fell to the ground when he was about to move. Now, in front of me was someone's back—Gakushū's. "What are you doing!" he yelled before looking back at me, "Are you okay?" he spoke softly.

Karma stood up and dusted himself, "I was just trying to peacefully have a chat with her, not until you showed up and ruined the moment," Karma spoke so calmly as if his butt didn't meet the floor. "Shū, He's right," I spoke up. Gakushū looked into me as if he was trying to read my mind. He sighed and nodded, "I'll wait for you by the shoe lockers."

"Now that he's gone, let's get to the point. Why are you trying to distance yourself? You've been running away from us, from me." Karma crossed his arms and leaned on the wall. Denying his claims, I shook my head, "No, I wasn't. I'm just busy." I lied.

"I don't know if I should believe you or not," He stared at me dead into my eyes as if he looked straight into my soul. "I'm just busy. You know how busy it gets in my class, especially with the advanced lessons and all that." I reasoned out. He nodded, "Then, after the field trip...why don't we go on a date?" I think I heard that wrong.

"A what now?"

"You heard me, let's go on a date." Karma gave a toothy grin—I was at a loss for words, a date? What do you mean a date?! "And you know I won't take for an answer, Natsumi. Then I'll see you after the field trip~" he waved as he turned his back and walked off.

This guy always finds a way to make me feel dumbfounded. Why would he even ask me out on a date? It's not like he likes me or something along those lines.

I walked towards the shoe lockers, where Gakushū was waiting for me. I saw him in the distance; he was already holding my bag. He was on his phone, so I called him "Shū!" I ran to him, "Did I make you wait too long?" he shook his head and smiled softly. "Not really. Should we go now?" "Let's!"

Gakushū and I walked to the nearest grocery store, "If you don't mind me asking, what did you and Karma talk about?" I don't think I can tell him about the date, "Ah, well, he asked me why I was running away from them—ignoring them something like that."

"Well, they are from the end class; it's good that you're distancing yourself from Akabane and the rest. They're from class E, and you're from class A— it wouldn't look good for our pride and reputation."

Although I disagreed entirely with what he said, I nodded and continued walking silently. We reached the grocery store, and I pulled a trolley to put the snacks in. We both looked around to find interesting snacks and the ones that we initially wanted to get. We agreed to bring snacks that can only last for the entirety of the train ride to Kyoto, and during our stay there, we will buy snacks for the time we're going home, which will be purchased there. He said it would make him feel bad if I had to carry heavy things, so Gakushū and I divided our groceries into two; he had all the bottles—the heavy purchases, and I took the chips and other snacks.

After shopping, he escorted me home before heading to his own house.

I lay down on my bed and sighed. What am I supposed to do? I'm going on a date with Karma—if he asked me out on a date, then that would just mean that he...likes me? But that can't be possible! But then again, his actions match if he likes me. He's sweet, nice, and cares for me—so does he like me? If that's the case, we will just have to find out; I mean, he has to confess for me to know that he does.

Whatever! Let's not overthink this anymore!

Tomorrow came to be. Yuna and I were waiting for the guys to arrive at the station. Gakushū messaged us that he was already on his way. As for Ren, let's just say someone woke up not to his alarm but to me, blasting his phone.

Soon, everyone arrived on time, one by one, before our class adviser called for us. Our train was apparently brand new, the latest model or something. I didn't bother to listen as my eye caught a familiar group of people: Karma and the gang. We were far from each other, but it was easy to spot a red-headed guy with another bunch of colorful-headed people.

Suddenly, the thought about the date struck me, making me slap Ren's arm, "Hey! What was that for?!" he half whispered, half yelled. I just stuck my tongue out— our interaction made Gakushū and Yuna look at us with questionable stares, but shrugged it off as we were about to enter the cabin.

We got a nice seat in the middle of the train cabin, so it was easy to go from place to place if needed. We immediately took out the entertainment we brought and played. May I add that even though I'm up against the famous virtuoso five, I can crush them in the game of Uno! Call me the Uno master!

It didn't take long until we arrived in Kyoto and at the hotel where we were staying. What I didn't expect was the rollercoaster ride this one-day trip was about to bring me.