11 || Heart Race

Natsumi finally got discharged on Friday, everyone, well most of them, warmly welcomed her back.

"Nuya! " Korosensei exclaimed upon seeing Natsumi, "Welcome back Natsumi-chan~" he greeted with the smile he always wore. "Thank you everyone" she grinned happily, not everyone knew why she was gone but they still greeted her.

She was lucky that she didn't have to spend another day in the hospital during examination week. Having Korosensei's crash course is much easier than having to study by yourself without anyone helping you.

Natsumi found herself next to the red-headed male. "Hey, ~ did ya missed me? I know you did~" teased the blonde.

"Why would I miss you?"

"Cause you love me~"

Taken aback by this Karma nearly lost his composure, "What made you think that I love you?"

"Everyone loves me~"

"You're gross."

"No, you."

"There they go again" Isogai chuckled seeing the two interact with each other. "She was just gone for a week but it was like she was gone for months." Natsumi and Karma's usual morning teasing felt right to everyone's ears. Natsumi only joined the class not too long ago but it felt like she belonged there right from the start.

"But, are you really okay? Does anything hurt?" Karma looked at the teen directly at her eyes. Natsumi was caught off guard by his sudden change of mood as a coping mechanism, "Of course! I might even successfully assassinate Korosensei"

No matter how many times Natsumi reassures him, Karma was still worried, considering what Natsumi told him about having a weak body before, he couldn't help but be worried.

Natsumi's POV

Karma continued to stare right at me as if he was a scanner. He turned away after a few minutes and nodded to himself he was probably checking whether I'm lying or not.

Seriously what happened during my absence?

Korosensei's crash course soon started, "Natsumi-chan everything else looks good but your math lags behind a bit" His afterimage wore a math embedded bandana. "Please tell me that we're not doing it first." Korosensei laughed, "We're doing the math first Natsumi-chan" Dang it! I don't like math... I don't see the point of trying to learn trigonometry or something when I'm not even going to use it in the future! I haven't used the point of looking for the coordinates of a parabola in my daily life.

Korosensei did whatever he had to do, "So, x is equivalent to 1." an 'o' mark appeared on his face indicating that my answer is correct. "Good Job Natsumi-chan fufu"

After that Korosensei called for a break, letting everyone chatter once again. "Hey Karma, wanna come over to my place later? My parents are still away and my brothers have training or something and won't come home until Monday." I placed my chin over my palm, letting my elbow rest on the desk. "Yeah sure I don't have anything up anyway"

Karma and I continued our idle chatter, it was the same as always, bickering, laughing, I hope this kind of friendship between the two of us won't change.

But our little chatter was soon put to a halt, because for whatever reason, Korosensei entered what I call danger-octo mode, he was furious and ordered us to gather in the courtyard.

"Okay, who angered the octopus?" Seriously, what's happening? Rio came to my side "Well, we were talking about how useless it is for us to prepare for the midterms, we are in the end class, plus the huge bounty that's waiting for us." Wrong move.

"But Rio, education and us preparing for the midterms is important, no matter what our section is, E class, A class, whatever class, it's important. What happens when we fail to assassinate Korosensei? That bounty you just said won't be in our hands, what will become of those who didn't prepare for this? It's just the domino effect" As a teacher, Korosensei must've been hurt as well, he teaches us daily, and just to be hit with those kinds of words, wouldn't it be like saying his efforts are useless? Rio and whoever heard my monologue was silent and stared at me, but Korosensei took our attention with his own monologue.

He then started spinning around, it started slowly but then he started to gain speed and momentum, tremendous wind circled sensei and thus creating his own tornado. This caused dust to fly all over the place, clouds even gathered above the said tornado, Karma hugged me as if he was protecting me from the dust and wind.

My heart started racing. I could feel my blood rush up to my cheeks. Why is he doing this? "Hold your skirt down, I'll protect you from the rest" Karma buried my head to his chest, his arms wrapped around me.

Soon after, the tornado died down, Karma released me from his hug a couple of seconds later, I could still feel the heat of his hug. I shook this feeling off and fanned myself. Karma you idiot, how can you just be okay after what you just did?!

But the aftermath of Korosensei's tornado caught my attention, he leveled the mountain and made it into a usable track area. Maybe this is his way of encouraging us to do better.

After Korosensei's show, we went back inside, everyone was quiet, probably taking in what just happened. Korosensei's crash course was in session again, most of us finally took it seriously, like how it should be.

The rest of the day was just Korosensei teaching us the basics and the lessons that might pop up during the exam, the final bell rang. I stretched relieving the back pain. "Finally, it's over" no one was in the right mental capacity to attempt and assassinate our teacher.

I fixed my belongings and sighed, I glanced at Karma who was fiddling on his phone. I suddenly recalled the memory of him hugging me. Once again, my cheeks felt hot, I'm pretty sure I'm red as his hair right now. I glanced back at him and cursed "Fuck you" he looked at me and raised a brow, confused as to why I suddenly cursed him out of the blue like that.

"Yo yo, let's go home" Rio appeared in front of me grinning as always. "Eh? You okay?" She placed her left hand on my forehead checking my temperature. I laughed at her, "I'm fine, let's go, Karma?"

Our group made our way down the mountain. I think I can't be alone with Karma after what happened today, every time I remember that memory, my heart races, and everything feels hot for some reason. "Hey guys, want to study at our place again? And probably sleep over if you want" I explained to them what I told Karma earlier about my family being away for the weekend. Everyone agreed to this, "Is your family okay with this?" Megu questioned just to be sure, "I think they prefer that I won't be alone for the weekend after you know..." I trailed off "I'll give them a heads up, don't worry" with that everyone agreed to this.