12 || Dinner

Since most of us were heading the same way, we obviously went together to the station. Nagisa, Karma, and I were talking about tonight's festivities. "Natsumi-chan I'm curious, will your brothers and dad allow us boys to stay over?" a side of me wanted to tease him, and a side of me wanted to answer him seriously. Of course, I'd choose to answer him in a teasing way, "Nagi-kun, you're a boy?" I acted surprised. My little act caused Nagisa to look at me all flustered while Karma snickered. "I'm joking, well since the only ones who'll be coming is you two, Maehara and Isogai, it's fine, besides the girl to boy ratio is 5:4"

"Anyway this is my street, walk safely to the station" I bid them goodbye. Come to think of it, I need to buy some medicine and some groceries for tonight's dinner. "Natsu!" Someone called me from behind, turning back to see who it was, hands covered my eyes and talked in a deep voice "Guess who~" I held the person's hand "Ren, I know it's you" I smiled and removed the hand from my face.

Ren and I live in the same neighborhood but he lives farther away from me though.

"What's up?"

"My friends are staying over tonight so I have to buy some ingredients for dinner."

Ren nodded "Then I'll go with you to the grocery store."

Ren and I chatted on our way there, "How's 3-E?" "It's fun! You can feel the sense of cooperation there" I smiled, "Plus it feels homier" Ren looked at me, "Oh? Mind telling me?" "In the main building, it's very competitive, right? Everyone is trying their best not to rank down the teachers and Uncle I mean the chairman using this ant psychology too. Meanwhile, in 3-E, they're already there, some can go back to their classes while some can't so...but aside from those ideas of ranking, people there are fun, unique, I just find that most people from the main building bland and so full of themselves! It annoys me" I continued explaining how I feel much better in 3-E, unlike the times during my suffocating years within that building.

"I feel bad for them though... Most people discriminate against them, even staff members" I frowned, Ren continued to listen to me and nod now and then whenever he agreed to something that I had said.

"How's the class back there?"

"It's the same as always" Ren silently chuckled. "Though, a certain someone had been sad and anxious all day" he added, I tilted my head, what he just said piqued my curiosity. The tall brunette smiled "That person was anxious because someone might steal his lady." I didn't pry much further into it.

Third Person's POV

"Thanks for helping me, Ren!" Natsumi grinned as she showed her appreciation for his help. Currently, the two were standing in front of the gate, done buying the groceries and her medication. "De Nada" he returned the smile "Anyway, I have to go and study for the exams" Ren waved before turning around "Message me when you get home, I'll see ya next week." Natsumi hurried inside to prepare for her friends' arrival, since the guest room had always been clean and prepared, she didn't have to bother over it. Natsumi changed into more comfortable clothing.

"What should be on the menu today?" The girl happily hummed and wore the Red frilly apron that hung on the hook. "Rice Curry? Tempura? Or let's make both!" cooking has always been her hobby, she hasn't been able to fully cultivate it but she does cook a good meal.

Natsumi gathered all the ingredients that needed to be washed in a wash bin that was on the sink and started cleaning it, mid-way, the doorbell rang. She glanced at the clock wondering who would have come this early. "Megu or Isogai? Could be Nagisa or Kanzaki" she hypothesized it was still far too early, and the only ones she could've thought of being these early are those four. Natsumi wiped her hands on the apron and ran up to the door, not wanting her guest to wait any further.