15 || Reminiscence 2

Flashback Continues...

Time flew by like a blink of an eye. It's been one month ever since the blonde ball of sunshine joined. Karma and Natsumi grew closer in the process.

"Are you stupid?" Natsumi laughed out loud. "So you're telling me, you did all that for nothing?" she started tearing up from the story Karma had told her.

"It's not my fault that the prize was so shitty! How could I know?!"

"You threatened the assistant to help you win and it was all in vain!"

Karma childishly pouted, his cheeks had pink hints. "Oh shut up"

"Make me~"

Karma had the devilish idea to fake kiss Natsumi, he stood up and loomed over her, his arm sat on the desk, supporting his weight. He held her by the chin and drew close, imitating what a kiss looks like, but his plan backfired.

Natsumi kicked him where the sun doesn't shine. "Looks like I made you shut up"

Every male within the radius felt his pain, the poor boy sat there in agony. "If I become infertile you'll have to pay the consequences by marrying me."

This made the girl flush red "What the hell Akabane?!"

But then one day Natsumi was absent, at first everyone thought she was merely late but lunchtime came and there wasn't a Natsumi around.

"Karma you're the closest to Natsumi, why is she absent?" Karma shrugged at the question, he too was clueless, normally Natsumi would message them whenever she's late or would take the day off due to important matters but this time she didn't.

"Maybe she forgot to tell us? The faculty seems to know though so that's good."

The next day there Natsumi was still absent and still no messages.

Karma laid on his bed, exhausted, he started unbuttoning his shirt revealing his muscles that no one knew he had since it wasn't obvious under his uniform. Karma's quite lean and muscular, maybe that's why he's good at hand-to-hand combat.

There wasn't a single person at the Akabane household except for him, as always, his parents were on a trip to another country, doing their jobs and probably fooling around.

He would be lying if he said he wasn't lonely, despite his juvenile delinquent antics, he looks strong and laid back as if he doesn't care about anything, but in reality, he feels lonely, looking for the warmth of a family.

Natsumi filled in the gap he feels, everything about her just made him feel warm. But now that she isn't in the picture, the days when he felt lonely came back.

He only befriended Natsumi at first because he was curious to know about her and why he felt nostalgic upon meeting her but he dove deeper until he fell for her.

But of course, he's oblivious to his feelings towards her, he needed a push to realize what loneliness and emptiness he's feeling without her.

Asano Gakushū pulled that trigger.

"Yes I do like her, so what?"

The day he confronted him became the day everything ironically became clear.

"What if I do like her too?"

'This feeling, it's love, huh?'

When they saw her after a period of time, Karma could never be so happy and relieved at the same time.