chapter 10 : sunset talks

"i swear it will get easier, remember that with every piece of ya

"i swear it will get easier, remember that with every piece of ya. mm, and it's the only thing we take with us when we die."

☕︎☕︎☕︎

"jungkook! where'd you go?!"

"coming jin hyung!" he said, as he hurriedly put the flower that tae gave, inside his book.

they were all seated in the dining room. all of them extremely handsome; something that jungkook thought.

"they look like vampires that's about to have a meal, not gonna lie."

"what are you doing standing there thinking? come have breakfast with us." jin rapped.

"y-yeah." he was about to sit with jin but found some muscular guy already been seated there. the only seat left for him to sit was-

"come sit near taehyungie." jimin urged. kook nodded, and sat down next to the handsome mister.

"where's the driver, guys? no one invited him? the driver?" hobi kept asking them, before leaving to grab jackson; the driver.

joon coughed, sensing something as jackson and hobi came together.

jungkook sat quietly, eating his breaky. that's when he noticed taehyung's hands.

"damn those are some loooong-"

"you need something, kookie?" jimin interrupted, smirking.

"no, thanks." he glared at the teasing male.

"you need salt?"

"no, taehyung hyung."

"water?"

"no-"

"sugar?"

"maybe your hands." jimin butted in, making taehyung confused.

"my what?!"

"the fried potato in your hands, is what i meant. pass 'em to kook."

"ah! you could've asked me!"

"you guys do the weirdest stuff, really." yoongi looked at them with a bored expression.

"guys stop bickering. today we're going to the lake to see the sunset. is it okay?" joon asked.

everyone agreed.

when it's time for the sunset, they headed to the lake, packing their stuffs.

yoongi and jimin were glued together, watching the sunset. joon and jin, who were getting along quite well, were together. leaving hobi, jackson, tae and kook to be left all together.

"uh- this trip is not just bringing out friendships, i guess?" tae giggled. jungkook nodded, agreeing to him.

jhope laughed before speaking, "that's not a lie~ they're really fast."

"you guys want ice cream?" jackson asked, spotting an ice cream truck.

"sure, why not?" jhope answered. though it looked like he asked for everyone, they both can point out something's going on with these two.

so jungkook said; "uh, you guys can have. i'll stay here."

"me too! i'll stay with jungkookie." tae assured, as they both left.

as soon as they left, taekook broke into giggles.

"wow, i think... everyone's upto something. how come all of them are getting a date?" tae almost whined.

"atleast we have each other." jungkook blurted out, but soon left with a deep shade of red painted on his cheeks. before tae can misunderstand, he cleared it out. "like, we're not left alone.."

"yeah! i'm thankful for that." suddenly taehyung took out his camera, and started taking pictures of the sunset. and showed it to kook like an excited kid.

"woah, that's so good, taehyung hyung!" jungkook exclaimed, genuinely surprised.

taehyung giggled, unable to stop himself from doing a happy dance.

they were left in silence, looking at the sunset.

"don't you have, a boyfriend or girlfriend kook?"
the question took him off-guard.

"no." he simply stated.

"why though? i mean, you're pretty. i thought, you'd already have someone."

"it's not about the face, hyung. not many would even try to approach me because i'm 'awkward'. even if they do, they complain about me being too shy or introverted."

"hey, it's not like that. some are...a bunch of idiots. not all are. anyone would be lucky to have you."

"i don't think so. they'd feel troubled to have me. can't they just love me, the way i am?"

tae just looked at him with sad eyes. he wanted to hug the poor boy.

"i sometimes wonder, is it wrong to be like this?"

it's like, he's asking taehyung.

"it's only wrong that you feel like this. you should be yourself. and wait for the right person, that will love you the way you are."

jungkook looked at tae with a small smile. he didn't know why, he wanted to tell him all this. which is quite strange. he never shares it with anyone unless they're very close.

maybe it's his comforting aura?

"we should get going, kooks." he nodded, feeling something in his heart at the nickname.

that day, he saw taehyung in a new light. maybe it's okay to trust him.

or it's good to know him more.

─⭑─