chapter 17 : i wanna ruin our friendship

"and if you hurt me, well, that's okay baby, only words bleed, inside these pages, you just hold me

"and if you hurt me, well, that's okay baby, only words bleed, inside these pages, you just hold me. and I won't ever let you go."

☕︎☕︎☕︎

maybe not the best time, taehyung. he's just opening up.

don't ruin it.

do not ruin your friendship with him.

the lake looked breathtakingly beautiful. but both of them are too lost in each other's eyes, to fully enjoy the view infront them.

adrenaline defeating all the other feelings.

"you know, tae... i feel so different around you. more like, something special. i hope i'm not ruining anything that's ever existed between us..."

"but i think it's important for you to know. you deserve to. i'm risking it all. i... gosh i wish you can hear my heartbeat, that's ridiculous.."

"i wish...i can find the best way to say that i've fallen in love with you. i fall into your ocean eyes every day. i'm willing to fall into them forever, no matter how much drowned i am, into them."

taehyung looked at him, shook.

did jungkook just say, he's in love with him?

he stood there like a statue.

"it's okay if you don't feel the same. it's not like you should. i just wish. i feel so proud that i'm able to confess my feelings at all, for you hyung. i'm sorry if i ruined our friendship, but i love you."

taehyung hugged him, trying not to cry. don't be a dramatic bitch and cry for fucksake and embarass yourself.

wait till we get home so that you can cry.

jungkook didn't understand anything. he's hugging him? is that a yes?

"hyung-"

"i love you kookie! spending time with you are the greatest moments i had to experience. i was scared of losing you, if i open up my feelings to you."

jungkook giggled, "guess you chickened out." taehyung slapped his arms, and looked at him right in the eyes.

"is this some kind of a fairytale? you loving me back, and saying it to me before i can eveb gather my courage to?"

"i don't know," he giggled. "but if it is, i want you to be my happily ever after, hyung. will you?"

"with pleasure! okay my hands are still shaking. my legs kinda do. what are you even doing to me kookie?! i love you. and since when did you get so damn poetic?"

"all being learned from you," he giggled again.

"you don't know, i would die to hear those for the rest of my life. please be happy, kookie. always. and i will make sure you are happy. always."

"okay then. so you're telling me even as a ghost you'd come to hear me giggle? pfft"

"don't underestimate me. i'm way more than you think i am!"

"okay i'm getting cold. we should probably head back."

"oh, i'm sorry i did'nt notice. let's book a cab then."

jungkook nodded, they booked a cab and sat at the backseat, holding hands.

"i was supposed to treat you dinner in the restaurant and then confess my feelings today after taking you to the lake. but change of plans i guess." he laughed.

"woah you came planned!"

their heart felt an unfamiliar warmth, despite the cold night.

─⭑─

two more chapters to go ;)