chapter 16 : inner child

"oh, you can fit me inside the necklace you got when you were sixteen

"oh, you can fit me inside the necklace you got when you were sixteen. next to your heartbeat where I should be. keep it deep within your soul."

☕︎☕︎☕︎

it was a few days later, they were meeting again. this time it was jungkook who proposed for a date.

there was a really fancy restaurant he wanted to take tae. and they were traveling in a train, and it was dark outside.

"are you sure it's good? i mean, i kinda doubt it-" jungkook slapped tae's arms.

"it is! i've been there before."

"with?"

"someone special."

"who is it?" taehyung frowned growing curious. he went on a date with someone there before?

"alexa play jealousy by olivia rodrigo."

"wha-" taehyung wasn't expecting to hear that from him.

no way in hell he said that.

"i'm not... jealous. just curious."

"i went alone."

the both started to talk and giggle about silly things. some people in the train adored the cute (yet to be) couple.

"kookie! how did i forgot to tell you this?!"

"what?"

"i got something interesting. hobi hyung is still talking to jackson. i guess they're dating?"

"woah how do you know that?"

"when i spent the night in your dorm...you can say that guy didn't let me sleep. he was talking to jackson."

jungkook laughed, grabbing his tummy. "this is why you weren't able to sleep?"

taehyung sighed dramatically.

they talked, laughed, and listened to music together, sharing an earphone.

in their little maze, they forgot to be alarmed, when their stop comes.

"tae!! i think...we lost our stop."

"what do you mean?!!" he's right. they did went ahead.

taehyung laughed and shook his head, "we'll get down in the next one. don't worry."

jungkook shrugged.

it was already late, so they couldn't go to the restaurant, it nust be closed already.

so jungkook came up with an another idea; to spend some time near the lake, and go home.

"wow. it's beautiful. i forgot my camera, shit!"

jungkook giggled, "maybe, just admire it for now? or you can still use your phone, don't be ridiculous

jungkook giggled, "maybe, just admire it for now? or you can still use your phone, don't be ridiculous."

taehyung scoffed. the bunny's getting way too bratty.

"why do you like photographing so much, hyung?"

"...peace? it brings be peace. i like that there's no problems inside a photo."

"no heartbreaks. we can freeze into forever. with a smile that's never broken. you can't change the fact that you were happy in the photo, a while ago, though you might be crying now."

"you're one poetic kid."

"excuse me?! i'm not a kid."

"a kid trapped in an adult body. your inner child is still alive, hyung. if anything, it's more alive than anything i've ever seen."

taehyung smiled, holding his hand. "i'm happy that i can show you my inner child. and i'm more than happy that you can show me yours." he felt giddy, hearing all that from jungkook.

"you just bring it out of me." jungkook said, shrugging.

they both smiled, letting the cold breeze dance over their cold skin.

the air is thick between them, and the silence is loud. taehyung wondered if it's the moment he should let his feelings flow.

out of his racing heart.

─⭑─