chapter 13 : long nights

“so you can keep me, inside the pocket of your ripped jeans

“so you can keep me, inside the pocket of your ripped jeans. holding me close until our eyes meet. you won't ever be alone.”

☕︎☕︎☕︎

"wow that was great, really. we should come here more often. did you like the food?"

"i surely did!"

"i knew it. the expressions you made said it all."

jungkook looked at him in disbelief.

"you noticed all that?"

"of course. i can't hold back."

jungkook blushed, taehyung couldn't say if it's because of his honey dripping words, or the freezing cold road.

"i can't believe i'm walking down the street while it's freezing outside."

"we're both fools." jungkook stated, giggling.

"hey!" taehyung spotted an empty bottle rolling on the road.

"how 'bout we have a match?"

"what match hyung?"

"let's see who kicks the bottle the farthest." taehyung honestly thought kook would look at him with a done look, but he was left surprised by the excited look that he showed him.

"yes! let's do it. you first!" taehyung whined.

"did i mention, you are one smart bunny." jungkook giggled, and tae kicked the bottle so hard that it travelled quite a good distance.

"i'm standing here, this is my line. now let's see if you can cross this."

"okay, let's see!" jungkook said rubbing his hands together before he brought back the bottle at his feet.

he kicked it as hard as he can, and the bottle went a little farther than taehyung's.

"WOAHH!! DAEBAK!!"

jungkook giggled at the praise, and bowed dramatically like a prince.

and taehyung loved this side of him.

"i didn't know you're quite a muscular bunny." he said kicking the bottle with his feet as they started to walk.

"oh come on. all these clothes i wear makes people forget that i go to the gym."

"wait you do?!" taehyung asked, completely shooketh.

"mhm yeah. you can feel them." he said flexing his muscles and tae laughed at him. jungkook hit his shoulders at the teasing.

"don't laugh! i'm not lying, i'm quite muscular."

"but you look too cute to be that muscular." he scoffed at the remark, but feeling all giddy inside.

tae kicked the bottle towards kook, who returned it back to him.

and that's how the two grown up men decided to play with the bottle as a "foot bottle" like hopeless teens that are in love.

both of them looked at each other, when they spotted a bin. as if talking with telepathy, they aimed for it, kicking the bottle in a competitive way, giggling about it.

they ran and ran and ran, at some point, jungkook gave up. 'cause it's been long since he felt things like these.

happiness. the feeling of not to overthinking about even a simple gesture. the feeling of being free. carefree.

he stared at taehyung's laughing figure, that was too concentrated to hit the "goal". time seemed to stop for him.

he just stood there, admiring taehyung and his wide boxy smile. this man really is a ball of sunshine.

they took a lot of photographs of the crazy yet memorable night.

by the time they reached kook's dorm, they were shivering too much

by the time they reached kook's dorm, they were shivering too much. yet they managed to laugh and giggle about it.

"alright, koo. i should leave. good night."

"of course. i'm letting you go home in this freezing cold night all alone." he said, sarcasm dripping in his voice. suddenly feeling very comfortable with tae.

and taehyung was loving every second of it. he broke the little bubble jungkook used to cover himself.

"come in! we'll inform yoongi hyung and joon hyung. you're staying the night." he said it sternly, as if there's no more questions to be asked.

and who was taehyung to disobey? he followed him inside like a love sick puppy.

that was one long night.

they both felt overwhelmed by the most beautiful night they had.

but what they didn't know is, it isn't over yet. it's even more longer than they thought.

─⭑─

thoughts? 👀