「𝟬𝟭𝟭」 - renounced death

⊹˖ ━━━━⋆ ‎୨ ✦ ୧ ⋆━━━━  ˖⊹

RENOUNCED DEATH

❝ RENOUNCED DEATH ❞

renounced (vb.)
1 - to declare against; to reject or decline formally; to refuse to own or acknowledge as belonging to one

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"IF YOU ENCOUNTER IT, YOUR CHOICES ARE TO EITHER run or die." Ijichi recites his words to Gojo. "I warned them that fighting was absolutely not an option."

"It was intentional." Gojo declares, voice unfaltering and wholeheartedly confident in his conclusion.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Ijichi asks, confused gaze shifting towards him.

"There was a special grade. Sending first years to rescue five who may or may not be alive should be out of the question. Besides, with Yuuji, I was the one who forced the issue and got his execution indefinitely suspended. Some higher-ups who didn't like that took advantage of my absence and the special grade to tactfully dispose of him."

"Not to mention if the other three had also died, it'd be more harassment for me and two birds with one stone for them." Gojo adds to his explanation, eyes narrowing beneath his blindfold at his own words.

"No, but..." Ijichi starts anxiously. "No one expected it to become a special grade by the time the dispatch was issued. Searching for someone to blame is just a pain."

"Maybe I should just... kill all of the higher-ups." Gojo voices his thoughts aloud, the idea hanging heavily in the air as it draws a shocked gasp from Ijichi.

"You're not usually this emotional." A smooth and familiar voice drawls, Gojo not needing to glance over— not that it would matter while wearing his blindfold —to recognize the fatigued voice.

"It's good to see you, Ieiri-san!" Ijichi bows deeply at the arrival of the doctor.

Ieiri stops next to Itadori's cold body, staring at it in silence for a moment. "Looks to me..." Ieiri twirls a strand of deep brown hair around her finger as she raises her gaze to land on Gojo. "...like you've taken quite a liking to him."

"I've always been a nice guy who cares for my students." Gojo corrects, ignoring his splintering resolve to not just kill the higher-ups.

"Don't torment Ijichi too much." Ieiri changes the subject swiftly, averting her gaze back to the lifeless body in front of her. "He's got it rough, stuck between us and the higher-ups."