「𝟬𝟭𝟵」 - defiled sense of self

⊹˖ ━━━━⋆ ‎୨ ✦ ୧ ⋆━━━━ ˖⊹

DEFILED SENSE OF SELF

❝ DEFILED SENSE OF SELF ❞

defiled (vb.)
1 - sully, mar, or spoil; to desecrate or profane something

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"ARE YOU SAYING I'D GET IN THE WAY, NANAMIN?" Itadori asks— although it came out more like a demand —as he glares at the man in question, who was leaning against the wall across from him.

"How supercilious. Does thee truly have no faith in the Prinzessin?" Y/N puts a hand on her hip, also frustrated with being denied approval to go on the mission.

Really, who does he think he is to deny permission to her?

"You're injured, aren't you?" Itadori continues to question. "Take us with you. 'My partner died, but I wasn't there with them. Why? Because I'm a child.' I don't want any of that."

"You can't." Nanami rejects, gaze turning away from her and Itadori in favor of focusing down the hallway. "As you already know, this patchwork cursed spirit uses transfigured people. There are some people who are beyond saving."

"If you continue this work, there will come a time when you're forced to kill a person yourself." Nanami tells Itadori bluntly, golden eyes widening in response. "But this is not that time."

"Please understand this. Being a child is not a sin." Nanami says, making Itadori look down at the ground with his hands clenched into fists tightly.

Y/N refrains from flinching at the words, then hitting a little too close to home as she opts instead to let out an indignant huff as she looks away from the man.

Nanami turns on his heel and walks down the hallway until he's out of view, leaving the two in tense silence.

━━━〈 ✶ 〉━━━

In the middle of a school's gymnasium, dozens of figures lay unconscious on the floor, only three still conscious as they stand in the middle of the stage.

Yoshino's eyes narrow, glaring at the boy which was restrained by some invisible force, the boy relentless in his struggles to free himself. A teacher stood nearby, watching in horror as his face grew paler and paler.

All at once, the tense moment gets shattered as the door slams open, metal hitting against the walls as two figures stand in the doorway.

"What are you doing, Junpei?!" Itadori exclaims, two sets of eyes turning towards him in response to the shout.

"Ugh.. why must we have to run all the way here?" Y/N mumbles, voice showing her irritation before she straightens her posture again.

Y/N looks at Yoshino, then to the injured boy floating in front of him, and then to the teacher who was standing on the sidelines.