He's a Keeper// Chapter 8

Oliver is the best boyfriend a girl could ever have. He is so sweet and kind. I guess I got lucky. Like this morning, he put a rose in my bag with a note, saying 'Hope you have an amazing day! XOXO, Oliver.' How nice is that? I felt like I was on cloud nine. I was walking out of my class, when I was pulled aside. I got out of the person's grasp around my arm and looked up at them. It was Stephen. "Stephen, leave me alone." "I want to talk to you." He grabbed my arm again. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry about everything. The quidditch match, the thing with Oliver, cheating a couple years ago, all of it. I'm sorry about all of it. And over the past couple days, I realized something. I realized that I still love you. Will you take me back?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. But it made me think, was he telling the truth? Either way, I wasn't taking him back, I had Oliver. The next thing I knew, he kissed me.

  "What the heck is wrong with you?!" I squirmed out of Stephen's grasp. "What makes you think that you could mess with my friends, my life, and then want me to take you back? You hurt me, Stephen. You hurt Oliver, you hurt my friends, you hurt me." "Don't bring that wack job into this conversation." "Don't talk about him like that! He is a much better person than you. A much better boyfriend." "You're going out with that piece of garbage? After all he's done? He started that fight with the guys. He started it all. Why blame me when you should blame him?" "He did nothing wrong. He started that fight because you hurt me." I started to run, but he pushed me to the ground. He picked me up and shoved me against the wall. "What makes you think you can talk to me like that?!" I felt the tears streaming down my face. "Please, leave me alone," I whispered. He took out his wand and put it to my throat. "Never. You talk to me like that, you get what you deserve." He dug the wand in my throat a little more. I let out a yelp. "Hey! Leave her alone!" Oliver was standing there, wand at the ready. Stephen smirked, and zapped me in the throat. I screamed in pain and fell to the ground. "Violet!" Stephen started walking towards Oliver, smirk across his face. "I wonder what pretty boy can do? Hit me with your best shot." Oliver's face burned up as he brought up his wand. "What is going on here?" A few teachers came around the corner. "Wood, what happened?" "It wasn't my fault! I was walking by and I saw Stephen threatening Violet. I told him to stop and he zapped her in the throat. I was only trying to help her." "We need to get her to the hospital wing. Wood, carry her up. I'll talk to mister Lions." Oliver came over and picked me up. "Are you okay? I am so sorry." I tried to speak, but nothing came out. "Don't worry, everything will be okay."

  "How is she," Oliver asked. "She is okay, very lucky of you ask me. Zaps to the throat are the most life threatening. Good thing you got her down here. She will need to take it easy the next couple days." "Thank you Madam Pomfry." "Oh, one more thing. She won't be able to speak for the next 2-3 days." Madam Pomfry walked out. Oliver looked down at me and gave me a hug. "It's all my fault. I did this." Tears were slipping from his eyes. I shook my head to tell him it wasn't his fault. "I promise, this will never happen again." He hugged me a little harder. I gave him a quick kiss on the lips. He laid down next to me as I drifted to sleep.