He's a Keeper// Chapter 16

I ran up to my room, not caring about the people I ran into in the hall. I flopped onto my bed. I started crying. The tears kept coming, I was choking on them. Stephen was going to be around me for the rest of my time at Hogwarts. I heard footsteps by the door. I turned around and met Brandon's eyes. He came over and engulfed me in a hug. I cried on his shoulder, staining his shirt. "It kills me to see you in this much pain." I looked up at him, tears were brimming his eyes. I pulled him in a hug. "I swear on my life that he will never come near you as long as you're here." "Thank you," I whispered. He pulled back. "I think someone else is here to talk to you. I'll see you in a while." He walked out the room, only to see a stressed Oliver. I ran into his arms. I know he was going through a lot, all because of me. "Oliver, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I put you through so much. I just.." Then I broke down again. "It's not your fault. Seeing you go through this is what really kills me." I was nearly killing him. "But I'll go through the pain. I'll go through anything that jerk throws at me. Anything just to keep you here in my arms. Just to have you in my life. Just to keep loving you. Nothing in this world, universe, could stop me from loving you." He had a way with words. Nobody had said anything like that to me. I didn't want to let him go. "You are so much sweeter than you seem." He chuckled. I looked into his eyes, and kissed him. These kisses felt much different than Stephen's, I didn't feel the spark. With Oliver, I feel a spark, even by thinking of him. I made a promise to myself after that, I will never let him go.

  There was a huge buzz in the halls the next day. Everyone was gathered around by the lake. I saw Angelina. "Angelina, what happened?" "Word is that Stephen drove someone so mad, they jumped in and tried to drown themselves." I couldn't believe that he would do that, well, I guess I could see it. Then I wondered who it was. I looked around, trying to find Oliver, I couldn't see him. They pulled a body out of the lake. I couldn't see who it was. I looked at Angelina, who saw who it was. "Angelina, who is it?" She looked at me, sadness in her eyes. "Angelina, who?" She took a deep breath. "O-Oliver."

  I ran to the hospital wing. There was a teacher at the door. My eyes were full of tears. "Can I please go in?" "I'm sorry, no one is aloud in the Wing at this time." "But I have to. I have to see-" "I'm sorry miss, but you can't go in." I got mad. I lunged at them, only to be held back. I was in Brandon's arms. "Violet, calm down. Come with me." He walked me away from the wing. He stopped and looked at me. "Calm down. Do you want to know what happened?" I just nodded, unable to speak. "Oliver was by the lake. Stephen came out. They were arguing. Stephen threatened to hurt you, worse than in the past. Oliver got so mad, he threatened to jump. He was telling him that he will die for you. He didn't want you hurt. Then, Stephen said something about killing Oliver's family. That's when he jumped. That's what happened." I couldn't believe it. I started to choke on my tears. A nurse came out. "How is Oliver?" She turned around, worry in her eyes. "We don't know if he will make it." That's when I lost it.