He's a Keeper// Chapter 10

I was dreading what would come. I was going to talk to Oliver, I was going to let him go. I didn't want to, but it would be for the best. I didn't want to hurt him anymore than I already had. I finished my last class and spotted Oliver across the hall. He was talking to his friends, laughing, having a good time. He was like a spark, and I was going to put it out. I waited a bit for him to finish. "Hello m'lady. What's up, are you okay?" He noticed my blank stare. "We need to talk." I grabbed his hand and pulled him out by the lake. "What do you need to talk about?" I took in a deep breath. "I realized something, the other night. Ever since we've been together, bad things have happened. You were beaten in the hall that day, you got in a fight the other day, you broke down because I wouldn't wake up. I've put you through to much, and I think we.." "Don't Say what I think you're saying." I just nodded, I couldn't speak, the tears I was choking on were too much. He put his hands on his head, tears swelling in his eyes. "Please, don't. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me, please don't go." "Oliver, I don't want to hurt you anymore. I don't want to do this, but I have to." "You're worth the pain. I would do anything for you, no matter how broken I become in the end. You always fix it. Not having you, I will never be fixed." I didn't realize that he felt that way. His next words shocked me, "I am in love with you. I love you so much." Me hurting him would break him even more, and that's not what I want him to go through. Also, he loved me. If I love him, I can't let him go. "I love you too." He walked over and kissed me. One hand cupped my cheek, the other on my waist. I wrapped my hands around his neck, not wanting to let go. "I take it back, take it back. I can't let you go," I said when I pulled back. He was at a loss for words, so he kissed me again.

  Ever since that night, I didn't let Oliver go. I kept him in my life. We both didn't want to leave each other, and I couldn't put him through that. One day, when I was laying around with Oliver, he noticed something. "You still have that necklace?" I picked up the locket. "I haven't taken it off." He smiled, a big smile. He looked over at a picture frame, a picture of me and my brother. "Is that him?" he asked, gesturing towards the photo. In it, we were laughing, holding up our heart symbol. "Yeah, that's Brandon. He said that we should have brother/sister symbol. So, we decided, whenever we would leave to go somewhere without the other, we would make a heart. That was the last thing I saw him do." He hugged me, understanding that it was a touchy subject. "We need a symbol." I giggled. "What should we do?" "I've got an idea. Whenever we see each other in the hall, or are leaving each other, you make half of a heart, and so will I. It's like we complete each other." I thought that was an amazing idea. It was sentimental, and cute. I made half of a heart with my hand. He brought up his hand and completed the heart. We giggled. He kissed my head. "I love you, m'lady." "I love you too."