He's a Keeper// Chapter 9

This sucked. I couldn't speak for the next 2 days. I couldn't talk to anyone, I had to write it. Oliver was a big help though. He tried his best to stay by me as much as he could. I haven't seen Stephen in my classes today, thank god. I was in the Common Room, studying for a stupid test. Oliver came in and sat by me. "Hello m'lady. How ya feeling?" He said, kissing the side of my head. I gave him a thumbs in the middle. I was okay, just this stupid test and not being able to talk was the worst part. "I know it's horrible, but it'll be over and done with soon." I smiled. He always knew what to say to keep my spirits up. "I'm gonna go down to the Great Hall, coming?" I got out my little notepad and wrote 'Can't, have to study for test. Maybe later.' He nodded and gave me a hug. "See ya in a bit. Come down if you need something." I nodded and he walked away. I leaned back on the chair and let out a loud sigh. I hate not speaking. I also hate this stupid test.

  The next day, I was able to whisper. It wasn't the best, but it was better than writing everything down. "Hello m'lady. How does it feel to speak again? Well, sorta speak again." "Feels good, my hand was getting tired," I whispered. "That's good. So, do ya wanna walk around? Maybe go to Hogsmede." I nodded, "That'll be fine." He took my hand and we walked down to Hogsmede. We walked around, bought some stuff, ate at the Three Broomsticks. It was a good day. We were looking around a store, when I bumped into someone, causing them to drop their stuff. "I'm so sorry, let me help you." I got down and started to pick stuff up. I got up and gave them their stuff. It was Stephen. I backed away slowly. "Your voice, I did that to you?" His eyes were red and his hair was a little messy. I was walking back, he was walking forward. I tripped and fell backwards. He lent me his hand. I refused and got up. "Don't touch me, don't come near me. Leave me alone." "I'm just trying to help-." "No, you did enough." I ran out of the store and found Oliver. "Oliver! Can we go, please." "Why, what's wrong?" He looked over my shoulder and saw him. He took my hand and walked quickly back to Hogwarts. "Violet, come back! We need to talk!" We just kept walking. Then Oliver was pulled back and fell on the ground. "Hey, we need to talk," he said, grabbing my arm. I tried to escape, but he held on tighter. Oliver got up and pulled him back. "Hey! Have you learned nothing? Leave her alone!" "Look, I don't want to hurt you." "Hurt me? You didn't say that when you beat me up in the hall. Or when you tried to nearly kill Violet." "I didn't try to kill her! Why for a split second would you think that I would try-." "You almost did. That zap could have killed her. Don't pull this 'I didn't mean to' bull." Stephen pushed him. "Maybe if your girlfriend wasn't a bi-." "Don't you dare call her that! You son of a-." "Oliver, don't." He looked over at me. He saw the tears that were brimming my eyes. I started to run back to Hogwarts. "Look what you did you little-." That was the last I could hear. I was running as fast as I could. I couldn't stand to be near that place. "Violet! Violet, come here!" A thick Scottish accent filled my ears before everything went black.

  I woke up in the Hospital Wing. My head was pounding as I tried to sit up. "Violet, you're okay!" I looked over to see a worried Oliver. His hair was a mess and his eyes were red and puffy. He pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back. "How long was I out?" I noticed my voice was back. "Three days. Exhaustion and the state your body was in after that zap, it just shut down for a bit." I nodded. "You missed me that much?" I said, looking into his red eyes. He nodded, so I just pulled him into another hug.

  I realized something that night, something about Oliver. I was putting him through too much. He was breaking down just because of me. He was beaten, zapped, and put through too much pain. I knew what I had to do. I had to let him go.