28. September 2022, Birthdays

Hey there, folks! We hope you are all doing well.

The last few weeks were simply crazy. In our last entry, I told you about a weekend we spent with Mikey and Antu at our cabin by Spaulding Lake and our rehearsals with the Howling Musketeers. But the main topic was the history of our race. The final point was a conversation with Nikki's father.

This time, I want to tell you about the second half of September, Sneptember, or Sheptember. Whatever you prefer. Please excuse the bad wordplay. During the last couple of days, I visited a few "Furry" Websites, and there they often mixed the month's name with their favorite animals, which sometimes resulted in quite funny combinations. Furries are weird. I mean, they are humans who wish to be Anthros. Most of them have never even met one of us, they mostly know Anthropomorphic animals from cartoons and movies. I must say, they are fun to talk to. Even if some of them have pretty weird, sexual fantasies. I also chatted a bit with my friends in New York, who I met during our first vacation in the Big Apple. Some of you might remember the entry I wrote about it. I miss those boys. I really hope to see them again one day.

But enough of this for now. I really want to keep it short this time.

As you might know, my mother, Nikki and I are celebrating our birthdays in September. Mom has hers on the 19th, Nikki on the 24th and mine is on the 28th. This year, we decided to give her a nice little weekend at the spa, to which she took Nikki's mom. My mother deserves a relaxing break from the stress of work and home from time to time. It also gave Nikki and me the time to clean our house, and Mr. Kofi painted the kitchen walls with us. That became necessary after a small accident with a malfunctioning toaster. Besides that, we surprised mommy with her favorite cake, the Red Velvet Cake, when the women came back home from the spa. It was difficult to make, and we failed twice while making it, but after we figured out the trick, we managed to create a tasty cake for the best mom in the whole world!

Nikki's birthday came next, and we decided to celebrate it together with our friends on the weekend of the October 1. Trish's parents were out of town, which is why we moved the party to her place. It wasn't the first time we went there for a party.

But before we go on with that, I want to tell you about the September 28. My birthday, yes, but also a school day. Don't worry, I will not bore the crap out of you again with school lessons. What I would like to tell you about is a meeting with our theater group, which took place in the evening at Stark College. My school day ended at 3:30 pm that day, so I had to wait a little while for Nikki to pick me up. I decided to sit down in front of the school, beneath the fountain on which the goddess Athena is enthroned. For those who don't know her, she is the Greek goddess of wisdom, warfare, and handicraft. She is one of my favorite Greek Gods.

It was a warm day, Autumn showed itself from its most beautiful sides. Soon the leaves will fall, and Winter will come. The dark time of the year. Personally, I love winter, especially if snow falls. There is nothing like a silent winter night, especially in the woods around Spaulding Lake. It is magical how silent this world can be during one of those nights. Nikki doesn't like the winter months as much as I do. What isn't a surprise, since her fur is more made for a warmer climate. What she likes during winter is to cuddle up close, reading a good book or watching TV. My mother and I also love it to just sit on the front porch of our home and watch the snow falling, with a cup of hot chocolate in our hands. Sorry, my mind was drifting away. Back to the topic.

While I was sitting on the edge of the fountain, three of my classmates came closer. I didn't pay them much attention at first, as I played a little mobile game on my phone, and listened to the music of the Musical "Bat out of Hell" with my earphones in.