21. New York City

Hey there, folks

Hey there, folks. I hope you all had a nice time since we last talked. More than two months have passed since we came back home from New York City. We had a blast there. Today, I finally want to tell you all about it. As always, Nikki helped me, and she also wrote a chapter out from her own perspective. But as always, let us start at the beginning.

Part 1: Preparations

Our adventure starts on November 20. The big journey was right ahead. I was busy with packing my things and going over my list of places to visit. Needless to say, I was very nervous.

Other than usual, Nikki didn't come over for the weekend this time. She had to prepare herself for her show. This trip was essential for her. You know, playing on Broadway is something special, especially for an Anthro. With my suitcase laying on the bed in front of me, I reviewed the list Mom had given me.

Underwear Check

Warm Hoodies Check

Warm Pants Check

Recharger and Power Bank Check

T-Shirts Check

Little Balto Check

Backpack Check

Comics for the trip Check

Headphones Check

I also wrote a list of all my comics because one of the "want to go to" locations on my wish list was a comic store, and I wanted to avoid risking buying a comic twice. Why a comic bookstore, you ask? Well, the little comic bookstore we have here in Darwin's Hope often doesn't get the good stuff. Sure, I could order most of it online, but they take an extra fee for that. I wish we would get a bigger store here.

To help me with choosing locations, Mom gave me a book about New York. There are so many interesting sightseeing tips and background information about the Big Apple in this book. Did you know that it was originally called New Amsterdam, before the British took over and renamed it?

Hm, maybe I could give you a few more information about my hometown at this point.

Darwin's Hope is located in the New York State area. It is a small town, only about 12'000 Anthropomorphs live here. Nevertheless, with that number, it is one of the larger Anthro-Towns, if not even the largest. We also have a few humans here. They are set mainly in the Mendel and the Venter district. My home is in the Lamarck district, named after Jean-Baptiste Pierre Antoine de Monet, Chevalier de Lamarck (signing anything must have been a pain in the ass for that man), who was a famous biologist.

Our town is located close to Buffalo, in the Erie County. The biggest water body around here is Spaulding Lake. Perhaps you have now at least an idea where I am living.