12. Comic Con (10.30.2020-11.01.2020)

Hey there, Folks!

Today, we want to give you a short report about Nikki's and my visit to the DHCC, the first bigger comic con held in Darwin's Hope, which ended a few days ago.

We had an extensive program consisting of shows, panels, and movies, even some celebrities were there for signing sessions, some also held panels of their own.

Besides that, they had a dealer's den, where you could buy merchandise like action figures, posters, weapon replicas, costumes, and so on.

Nikki isn't much of a comic book fan nor does she like the recent superhero movies that much, but she still agreed to do a partner cosplay with me. Perhaps she only agreed to this so that others would not recognize her there.

My outfit was, of course, this outstanding Iron Wolf Armor I got from Nikki's parents for my birthday.

This thing must have been so freaking expensive. The material alone stands out from most other armors I have seen. It is a strong, but very flexible material. Even sitting down in it isn't that much of a problem. The fit was almost perfect from the start, Mr. Kofi only had to make a few minor adjustments. Two fans, one built into each ear, provide me with a good air circulation inside the helmet, if the visor in closed. It also has several bright LED-lights in both hands, one in the chest for the ARC-Reactor, and two more which illuminate the eyes. I just have to switch them off inside darker rooms, as otherwise I don't see anything. Learned that the hard way, after I almost fell over a carpet in my room. The design and paint job of my armor reminds mostly of the Mark LXXXV from the movie Avengers: Endgame.

Nikki decided to go as Black Widow. First, she wanted to dress up as Captain America. But his outfit isn't that easy to get, and for Black Widow, she had almost everything in her closet. She only had to buy some bracelets, two pistols, belts, and holsters, plus a few other small things for the Cosplay. The first time she presented her outfit to me, I almost couldn't stop drooling. She looks so damn hot and sinful in it. I hope she will wear it more often in the future.

Part 1: Preparing for the Con

Two weeks until the con begins. Together with her friends from the college's theater group, Nikki still worked on her cosplay. Those people are really great when it comes to costumes and props.

As I have mentioned it in my last entry, Mr. Kofi booked a room for Nikki and me at a hotel close to the convention center, where the DHCC (Darwin's Hope Comic Con) will take place.

Perhaps I should explain this a bit further. The convention will last for 3 days, from Friday to Sunday. The venue is a bit out of town, the drive there will take about 45 minutes up to an hour, depending on traffic.

A little problem for us was, as so often before, my age. For good reasons, it's not so easy for an 18-year-old girl to move into a hotel room with a minor who is clearly not her brother or otherwise related to her. Because of that, Mr. Kofi called the hotel to make sure everything was okay. Luckily, all I needed to bring was a confirmation and contact information from my mother, then everything would be ok.

As we are still in the middle of this pandemic, we needed a medical check-up. Rather stupid, since we Anthros can barely get this Covid-Virus, from what I have heard. But ok, rules are rules.

Some of might think now, why they hold a convention like that during this time. Personally, I am glad they chose to do so. This crappy pandemic has been going on since spring, everything else has been canceled this year. The DHCC's promoters said that they will do everything to ensure the safety of their visitors, and that they will keep a close eye on the number of visitors inside the rooms at all time. This way, they want to guarantee that people can keep the prescribed distance from each other. And of course, we had to cover our mouth and nose with a mask or something else in- and outside the building, should it not be possible to keep the minimum distance. Well, as many cosplays contain masks anyway, that shouldn't be much of a problem.