𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 2

"Miss Diaz," I rasped out at the phone. The phone had rang for a moment too long, which I was guessing was on purpose.

"Mr Vasilios. How can I help you?"

"You are needed at the office. Do you think you can come in after your lunch? "

She took her time to reply, and I could hear children giggling and laughing in the background. "Sure. I'll be there. Is that all Mr Vasilios?" she asked. I could not tell if she was being indifferent or if she was annoyed, probably the latter. But hey, business comes first. And she knew that, which was one of the things that made her one of the best assistants.

"No. Good day, Miss Diaz." I answered as I dropped the call, not wasting another moment for an answer. I took a sip of my finger filled glass of whiskey, draining out the rest of the world for a moment as I threw my head back.

This business deal was going to benefit the family company to great lengths. Developing connections in East Africa would give us a wide range of possibilities to not only expand on our real estate but our other sectors like energy and mining, technological development, and so forth.
And thanks to Miss Diaz's smart thinking and my dear sister, our deal with Perez Co. would be our gateway there. With only a 13% share taken from profits. A formidable deal, considering the other benefits of this contract. Contacts. A line of connections to build on. Perfect for business.

"Mr Vasilios. Your brother has just arrived. Shall I send him through?" asked one of the receptionists on the lower floor. "Send them through."
Knowing , he probably did not come alone. And I was right because before he even stepped through my office... "Uncle Nico!"

"My favourite niece," I crouched down, pulling them in for a hug. "I'm your only  niece."
"Well, that doesn't mean you are not my favourite. Where is your dad?" I inquired as I let her go.

"Right here, big brother. I heard about your big win. Thought I would come by to congratulate you," he stopped by the door, putting his hands in his pocket. "Xion. Thank you. But the work is not over yet. Now, the real work begins."
"Yeah, I know. And I'm guessing you are gonna begin right away, now that you have the official, yes?" he interrogated, rather pointless if you ask me. I mean, we all knew the answer to that. "Of course. But you already knew that. So I guess you also need to start preparing to survey the land before we begin. It would be appreciated if you could arrange a team to get it done by the end of the month and the legal rep. The sooner we begin, the better," I confirmed as I took out the document file to give to him.

"Yeah, yeah. I was actually thinking of taking the family for a little vacation. Destination: Egypt, I guess. Anyways, let me not keep you busy," he finished as he began to walk out of the office. "Come on, princess, let's go. We need to pick your mom up from work," he shouted out from the hallway.

She followed behind him, not before sticking out her tongues at me as she made a quick stop at the door, "By Uncle Nico." "Bye, princess," I waved them off. I could hear her giggles in the hallway as she ran after her dad.

It was weird to think that Xion was not the oldest, considering he was the one out of the four of us, already married and with 2 kids, well one noisy toddler and a baby on the way . Though he did get married young, at the age of 23. He and Kate had known each other throughout high school and got married in Xion's official first year as Chief Executive of Energy and Mining in Vasilios Co. But after completing his law degree, he teamed up with one of his friends, Malik Ahmed and expanded the family business by investing in a law firm. Happily married for... 4 years now, with a 5 year old and a baby girl due in August.

But business initiative wise, it was very clear that i was the oldest out of us 4. From a young age, Grandpa had taught me the ins and outs of our family's legacy. Business investments that insured our family's dynasty would flourish for generations to come, like many of those before us. So all and all, business is business. And call me a workaholic if you will, but where the big bucks are concerned, you can expect to hear that a Vasilios was involved.