{Part 5}

Saturday: October 22, 1988

I feel the sun glaring through my window, shining in my honey brown eyes. I roll over in my bed and seen Billy on my floor. I nudge him with my foot. "What are you doing in here?" My voice all raspy from just waking up. "Dad kept coming in my room and so I just came in here." I scoff. I roll back over and get out of bed.  I grab my clothes and walk to the bathroom. I turn the shower on and start to undress. I stare at myself in the mirror. I look at the cut on my arm. I scratch it and scratch it. 

I pick it until the scab is gone. It bleeds all down my arm. Before it hits the ground, I get in the shower to rinse it off. I wince as the water makes it sting. It keeps bleeding. I sigh and continue my shower like normal. I wash my hair and body. When the soap touched my arm, I bite my gums. It stung so bad. I rinsed it off immediately. I stand in the water for a little while longer. Once I get out of the shower, I take one of the rags from under the sink and hold it on my arm. I go under the sink and grab a gauze pad and stuff to wrap around my arm. Once it was wrapped, I looked at the rag and seen all the blood on it. Damn it. I sigh and dry off. I got changed and threw my hair up in the towel. I brush my teeth and walk out, the rag tightly clenched in my hand.

 I brush my teeth and walk out, the rag tightly clenched in my hand

I walk in my room and see Billy still on my floor, fast asleep. I nudge him with my foot, waking him up. "Come on. You need to go take a shower. You smell." He groans but get up and walks out of my room. I walk over to the mirror on my wall and take my hair out of the towel. I start to towel dry it before I blow-dry it. I hear the shower running. I take the blow drier out of my junk drawer I have and plug it in, and then I put the rag inside it. My hair dries in about 15 or so minuets. Once it was dry, I brushed it and then put it in. I unplug the dryer, put on my shoes, and walk into Billys room. I lift his mattress up and see his stash. I grab a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. I put the mattress back down and walk out like I was never in there. I go downstairs and see dad passed out on the couch. God what as mom thinking. I grab and apple, rinse it under the water and walk out of the house. I take out a cigarette and light it.

 I walk around town for about 30 minutes before I decide to go to Grab N' Go, just before I go in, I stomp out the 3rd cigarette I smoked in that short time. When I'm really stressed, I smoke a lot. I walk in and see Vance playing pinball. "Hi." I say, walking to the side. I see him jump a little. "Hey." he says, eyes trapped on the game. "What do you want to drink?" I ask. Why am I being so goddamn nice to a guy who gave me a concussion? I try to shake the thought out of my head, but it doesn't leave. Why am I being so nice? "Coke." I jump at his voice as I was lost in thought. "Alrighty." 

I walk to the fridge and grab a Coke and Dr. Pepper. I walk to the counter and set the drinks on the counter. I grab the money out of my back pocket, waiting for her to tell me the price. "$9.58" I hand her a ten. "Keep the change." I walk away with the drinks and go back to Vance and hold his drink. "Why are you being nice?" He asks, eyes still focused on the game. "To be honest, I don't know. I was just thinking that, but whatever. You got a free drink out of it." He tilts his head to the right slightly, the putting it back straight. "DAMN IT!" He slams his fist on the game. I hand him is drink. I then open my own and take a sip.

 "Wait," I look at Vance with my eyebrows raised, "Is this you apologizing for smashing my face in a tray and getting your brother on me?" I laugh. "No. I wouldn't have smashed your face in the tray if you didn't sit by me, and I already told you, I told Billy to leave it alone."   "So? What if I sat by you because me and Gen were friends?"   "Gen is scared shitless of you. When I pumped into you on accident that one day, she looked like she was about to piss herself. So, I don't know how y'all are friends if she's scared of you." I take another sip of my drink. "Everyone is scared of me." God his ego is so big. I scoff. "I'm going for another smoke walk. You wanna come?" He nods as he takes a sip of his drink.

A/n: I'm going to do a 5.5 so this part will be under 1000 words. even though its 933 words.