{Part 6}

Monday, October 24, 1988

I roll over to see Gen still asleep. I look at the alarm clock in her room and seen it said 7:30, and next to it read the words Monday. I start to shake Gen. "Get up. Come on Gen." She groans and rolls over. "What time is it?" Her voice all raspy. "7:30." She sits up and groans. "God why can't it be Friday." I chuckle. "Get up." She throws the blanket off of her and get out of bed. "Let's go eat breakfast." She rubs her eyes and sticks her arms up to stretch. I get up and do the same. "You mom makes breakfast to?" She nods. Damn. I might just move in. I follow her downstairs. 

I see the table all nice and set and waffles set out. I sit down and start stuffing my face. I look up and see them staring at me. "Oh shhhhh- shoot. I forgot you guys say grace." Gen snorts. I kick her. "Thats alright." Her mom says. I place my hands over my face in embarrassment. "It's alright JJ. I already assumed that you guys don't say it at your house, so it's no problem. Gens other friends do it all the time. I just never seen someone eat waffles so fast." She giggles. "My breakfast is usually toast or nothing. I haven't had waffles since July, back in Florida."   

"Oh? You came here from Florida?"    "Mhm. Miami."      "Wow, and you chose to move here? Why?" I froze. "Um. Personal reasons."    "Oh. I'm sorry I didn't mean to pry."    "No, it's alright. I just don't like talking about it." Hailey nods. "Alright before we forget let's say grace." I grab Gens hand; her dad wasn't there. I then grab Haileys hand. "Thank you, lord, for allowing us to live another day. Thank you for this beautiful day. Please protect us and allow each of us to have a great day. Amen."   "Amen." Me and Gen say. 

I finish eating shortly after that. "Do you guys have an extra toothbrush I can use?" I ask, wiping the syrup off my face. "Yeah. Gen will show you." Her mom says. I look at Gen who just finished eating. "Let's go." I follow her upstairs and into the bathroom. She opens a drawer and hands me a new toothbrush. "Thanks." I put toothpaste on and then rinse it, then I start brushing. 

After about 2 minutes, I spit out the toothpaste and rinse my mouth and the toothbrush. I wipe my mouth and walk into Gens room. "Here ya go." She tosses me some of her clothes and then picked her own outfit. We both turn around and change.

I look at myself in the mirror and chuckle

I look at myself in the mirror and chuckle. "What? Do you not like it?" Gens voice sounded worried. "No, I like it, I just normally wouldn't pick this kind of shirt, but it looks good on me." I turn and face her. "Yeah, it does. Makes your boobs stand out better." We both laugh. "Shut up." She sits down at her vanity and starts her makeup. "I never noticed you wear makeup." I say, sitting on the edge of her bed, putting my shoes on. "Only a little. Let me do some on you."   "No, I'm ok. My freckles stand out too much, makes it look splotchy."    "How about blush and mascara?" I scoff. "Sure." Her face lights up. "Yay."

Once she finishes, she takes my hand and sits me down. "Now do you want like rosey cheeks or pinky cheeks?" She shows me the two different blushes. "Rosey." She nods. She grabs her brush and starts applying it. "Smile." I smile. She continues to apply it. "There. Vance will love it." She laughs. "Fuck off." I laugh with her. "Alright turns towards me." I shift towards her. "Do you want length or volume?" I shrug my shoulders. "Ok. Volume makes your lashes look thicker and darker. Length still makes them darker but just longer. It's in the name. I recommend volume because your lashes are pretty long."    

"Alright then. You're the makeup wiz."   "Ok, when I say blink. Blink. Got it?" I nod. "Blink." The wand brushes against my lashes. "Blink." Same thing. "Blink." She the moves onto my other eye. "Blink."    "Blink."     "Blink. Ok. Now for your bottom lashes. You don't blink. Or at least try not to." I nod. "Look up." I look up. She slightly and carefully applies it to my bottom lashes. She then blows a little bit to try and dry my eyelashes. "Done. How do you like it?" I turn and look in the mirror. "It's pretty. I love it. Thanks Gen." I smile at her through the mirror. "Yay. Okay let me get my shoes on and we can go. Do you have your bag?" SHIT. "No, I don't. Billy's probably sleeping and won't want to get up. Um, maybe mine or Billys window are unlocked so hopefully I can sneak in."    "Alright. Then we better go know." Gen gets her shoes on, grabs her bag, and then we both go downstairs and walk out of the house.

A/n: I'm going to end it here and just keep doing the .5 so that way the chapters aren't as long. there will just be more of them.