{Part 11}

Friday: October 28, 1988

Once the bell rang, everyone dropped what they were doing and ran to the locker room, ready to enjoy Halloween. I went into the locker room and went to the showers. I had taken the small shampoo and conditioner from the hotels to fill it up with my own instead of using the school stuff.

After the quick shower, I go to my locker with the towel wrapped around my body. As I unlock it to change I hear someone talk to me. "Hi JJ." I spun my head to look at who was talking to me, it was Donna. "Oh hey, Donna. What's up?"   "I just wanted to invite you to the Halloween party my friend Holly's throwing. She said her parents will be out of town so we can all imagine what will be there, and I just figured you would want to come."

"Sure. Can I bring some other friends with me?"    "Yeah of course. Here's her address, it starts at 9 on Halloween. But you probably knew that. I had an extra card and I thought this might be a good way to see the rest of the people in town." I smile. "Thanks, Donna, I'll see you there." I smile at her again. "Bye." She gives me a small wave. I looked down at the card.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN WITCHES                                                                                                                              PARTY AT: 54270 JEFFERSON ST.                                                                                                                                  STARTS AT: 9:00 PM SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29.                                                                                                     RSVP BY 10/01 - 10/28 AT 578-1937                                                                                                        DRESS UP IN YOUR MOST HORRIFYING COSTUME YET                                                                                  SEE YOU THERE PARTY WITCHES.

I smiled at the card. I was a little confused on why she invited me but I shrugged it off.  I place in my locker and change.

                                                                *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

I walk out of school to see Gen on a bench. "Hey Genny!" I wave to get her attention. "Hey. It took you forever to change." she says. "Sorry. I had to shower. Wanted my hair to look the best it could for tomorrow because I got invited to Holly's Halloween Party." I pull the card out of my bag and wave it in her face.

"OH MY GOD REALLY?!" she jumps around, trying to grab it out of my hands. "Yep. I am allowed to bring some friends so you are coming." Her mouth drops. "BRO! Holly throws the best party's. How did you get invited?"     "Donna had an extra card." She looks at me weirdly. "Dorky Donna?" This time I look at her weird. "Who?"    "Wait. Donna Ketch, or Donna Harp?"     "I don't know."    "Ok. Was is the Donna with the glasses and red hair, or brown hair, pretty Donna?"     "Pretty hair Donna."

"Ok, then that's how you got it. She is like her best friend slash minion. Who's the other person who your inviting?"   "Hm? Oh um, I was thinking about Vance." I scratch the whats left of the scab on my arm. Gen let out a really big and loud gasp. "OMGOMGOMGOMG! YOU LIKE HIM! YOU KISSED HIM ON THE CHEEK NOW YOUR INVITING HIM TO A PARTY! We're so talking when we get home." 

                                                              *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

It was a forty-five minute walk to the Halloween store but so worth it. They had so much. Dresses, shirts, skirts, pants, shorts, everything from top to bottom of the shelf's. Then they had racks of kid costumes pre-packed. Hair accessory, wigs, body jewelry, rings, necklaces, bracelets, everything. "Ok. What do you have in mind?" I turn and ask Gen. "I'm doing a sexy witch. Let me come with you to help find your costume." I give her a devilish grin. "You'll have to wait to see what it looks like. I can do it myself." She groans. "Ass." I laugh and walk away.