{Part 15}

Saturday, October 29, 1988

After Bruce tells us what happened, I give him my apologies and walk back inside. I see Vance sitting on the couch talking with some of his friends.  I then start to look around to find Billy.

Once I find him, I walk over to him and see that his is completely shit faced. "Hey B." I smile up at him. "Hey. Come and have a drink with me." He throws his arm around my shoulders and walks me to the kitchen where there are a bunch of drinks. As were walking, I slip my hand into his pocket to take his keys.

"Lets do a shot then just some punch, because this hangover will be a bitch tomorrow." He slurs. I scoff but pour our drinks. "Here you go. 1, 2, 3." Billy and me knock back the shot then take a small sip of the drink. He gives a little shake of his head.

"I seen you go outside with that Yamada kid? What were you guys talking about?" I look around. "I'll tell you tomorrow, it isn't really party talk." He nods, then walks away. 

I look around and see Vance, now walking towards me. "Hey JJ." I smile. "Hey V." He puts an arm around my waist. "What did Bruce tell you about Julie?" I shrug. "Just how smart she was, how pretty, the things she did for the community. That's all." He nods.

"What were you and your friends talking about?" He shrugs. "Not much. Girls, drinks, games, parties. The usual." I grin at him. "And what girls did you talk about?" I poke a finger into his chest. He smiles. "You." I smile harder. "Oh yeah? Well what about me?" 

"How pretty your red hair is. How your eyes are the right shade of brown. How your curves fit perfectly in this dress. How you can beat your brother in chairs. How funny you are. How much of an amazing person you are."

My face turns red hot, I feel my cheeks turn red. I also feel the smile on my face grow huge. I watch his ice blue eyes so very closely. I think  back to all the things Bruce said about Vance. I think how it couldn't be true. Vance wouldn't do that. My Vance wouldn't.

I feel my heart burn. I called Vance mine. I push that feeling down. I push down the feeling of wanting to get attached. I push down the feeling that I don't recognize. I just lean forward and place a soft kiss on his lips.

Once I pull back he gives me a soft smile before pulling me back. We stand there and kiss for a minute. I then pull away and take a sip of my drink. "I'll hopefully see you tomorrow. I'm going to hang with Gen." I give him one more soft kiss and then walk towards Gen who came back inside.

"Hey Genny. What are we going to do now?" I sit down next to her on the other couch. "I don't know. I just never heard the full story of Julie and Vance. Kind of shocking." I nod. "Yeah."

I hand her my drink to which she chugs it. "Thanks. You want to go on a walk. With a full bottle of liquor?" An evil grin pops up on her face. "Hell yeah." I get up and walk with her to a spare room. She walks to a cabinet and pulls out two bottles. "Thought you said one." She closes it up and hands me one. "Welp. Lets just drink." I smile as we walk outside. We walk down the porch steps, arm in arm. We walk down the front yard and start walking down the street. We both take sips of our drinks. 

The rest of the party was a blur. All I know is that we walked home and went to bed. 

A/N I'm back! (Maybe) Sorry, for this chapter I ran out of ideas. Also sorry I hadn't written in a WHILE. I've been having a lot of school problems but now that's over with.