Just stay this little

Taylor's POV

And just like that they were on their way to do whatever they have to do, I just have to be in charge of the watch and tracking them on life 360. So I decided to make myself comfortable at Travis's since this is going to take awhile. I walked into the house where the dogs greeted me and gave me the sign that they were hungry, so I gave them each a bone and then sat on the couch. I have been to Travis's house so many times before that it felt like my house but I never went inside Becs's room until this morning and I was so impressed with the way she decorated so I walked upstairs again and opened her door. I wasn't going to look through it or anything but there was something about the room that just felt calm. I walked around and noticed some old family pictures that I haven't seen before and some paints that she had made for Travis when she was younger.

I got to her corner that was made about me and I knelt down to see what she had there. On the bookshelf, she had some of the books and magazines about me along with my Taylor's version CDs and some things she got from the concert. There was a small box filled with friendship bracelets and I decided to look at all the ones she got from her concert and the ones she had made. You can tell the ones she made versus the ones she was given because she always added a heart on the back of them that said B. I looked through all the ones she was given and moved on to the ones she had made and just by looking at them, you can tell she put a lot of thought into each other. I got to one of the bracelets that was quite big with a bunch of words on it, I picked it up out of the box to read it "My brother likes you so here's his number" and then it listed off Travis's number. I sat there running my finger over it and knowing she wanted me here without her telling me that meant the world to me. Just then, my phone buzzed, I took my phone out of my pocket and the notification was letting me know they both made it to the gym although Travis got there first by 30 seconds. I put the bracelet back in the box and put the box back where it was on the shelf as I was getting up, something caught my attention, there was a green envelope behind some CDs that stuck out just enough for me to see it. I grabbed it after remembering that it goes behind reputation and looked at the cover. It was a light green envelope and it was quite thick to just be a card. I turned it over to see it was addressed to me, my guess is that she was going to give it to me at one of the shows if she ever got the chance. My thoughts jumped around in my head if I should open it or not but I decided not to do so, so I put it back where it was and went back downstairs.

As I walked down the staircase of Travis's house, I looked at all the photos he had along his stairwell. I have never looked too closely at them but today I decided too. I noticed there were a lot of him, Jason and Becs when she was just a little baby, she seemed to always be smiling when looking at her brothers. They all still had the same smile they did when they were younger and it made me so happy to see that they were all still so close. Then as I was looking at one photo of Becs's standing on the football field when she was about 3, a song idea popped into my head. I ran downstairs to the basement where Travis had bought me a piano for when I had ideas like this time. I sat down and started writing out the song lyrics on my notes app and once I had a good chorus down, I started trying to add in the music.

After I was done with a good chunk of it, I sent it to Jack and he replied almost immediately saying that he will start working on it. Just after his notification, I got one saying that Travis and Becs were leaving the gym, Becs is a head by a minute but I know Travis is faster then her at running so we will see how that goes. I started to walk up stairs still singing the song that I just created trying to think of a good bridge which was the hardest part of any of my songs but this one felt like it had to be the best one yet. I got upstairs and decided to make them both a snack knowing that they will be hungry and thirsty after their workout, after I finished their snacks I checked my phone to see if they were close and to my surprise, Becs was still in the lead but not by much. I walked outside to where they had started with the dogs following me and I just sat on the hammock waiting for them. 

---------

Authors Note:

I hope you all are enjoying my story. I have really put a lot of work into it and have done my best to update often. I hope you all had a great new year's and wish you all the best in 2024!