Blancmange

'Not like that lady Snape' Linny took the bowl away from me softly while bowing down to me. I am very happy that I have someone to teach me to cook Blancmange. It's Severus's favourite and I would be able to make it alone next time.

She poured the coulis over the frozen Blancmange. The creamy coloured Blancmange in the shape of the mold I set it in, took its form and came out perfectly. It looked beautiful with the maroon-colored coulis poured over it. I made 2 of them for Severus and me each.

The whole table was set by Linny and it was almost 7.30 pm, time for dinner. Linny disapparated with a pop and I was at last left alone.

I wore a pink-coloured long-flared sleeve backless cable knit dress which ended till my mid thighs. The neckline was deep from the front too, it showed the curve of my cleavage. This dress accentuated every curve of my body. I didn't know that I had sexy curves.

After getting dressed I entered the kitchen to have a glass of water and saw that Linny forgot to keep the cornflour in the cabinets.

I heard a sound in the bedroom and spilled the cornflour on the kitchen island. My heart thumping louder with anxiety. It would be Severus for sure. Cleaning the cornflour from my bare hands, I threw away the spilled flour and wiped the perspiration from my cheeks. I could have done it from magic too, I smacked myself on my forehead.

I swished my wand and a soothing instrumental sound started playing in the dining room. The candles floated like small floating stars in the room. I will just have to summon him.

'Severus!' I ran into the bedroom to see him resting his head on the headrest of the bed. He was in his usual black robes but the lines on his face were more evident than before and his strands of hair rested on his right-side cheek. I wanted to move it out of his beautiful face. His eyes were closed serenely.

'Severus', I called him softly this time. 'What is it, Mrs. Snape? Can't a man have his peace for once?' he muttered in his velvety tired voice and rubbed his forehead from his right hand. A sigh erupted from his lips and he opened his eyes slowly, his eyebrows arched upwards in surprise as I stood there in my short dress.

'Happy birthday Severus, I made dinner for you. Please join me' I said and looked at him with such warmth in my eyes. His lips curved a bit in a smile and he squinted his eyes at me suspiciously.

I felt exposed in his eyesight and started fidgeting with the hem of the dress. I could hear my heart drum against my ribs like it was aching to be freed from its cages.

He got up from the bed and walked slowly towards me with amusement etched on his face. I fisted my hands and held them against my heart, unable to calm my heartbeats.

I stepped backward as he inched closer to me. He was only a step away from me now. I didn't know when I hit the cold wall behind me and his hands trapped me in his arms either side of me. My head bent down and the goosebumps rose in every inch of my body.

His left arm snaked through the small of my waist and held me close to him. His thumb rested on my bare back and gave me chills down my spine. I don't want to melt in his arms. Get a grip on yourself, Mildred!

His right hand guided my head upwards towards him as he inched his face towards me like he was going to kiss me but his left cheek brushed mine softly.

'Cornflour on your face—how utterly enchanting. A new beauty regimen, perhaps?' his deep velvety voice crept in my ears silkily.

The realization hit me when his thumb brushed my cheeks softly while cupping my chin in his hand. I am sure that my whole face is flushed with embarrassment. My eyes slowly met his dark orbs and I could see a smirk on his face. I hid my face in his chest in pure embarrassment and he backed off from me. The cold air hit me suddenly and I shivered involuntarily.