The wedding.

I sat by the window in Grimmauld Place, reminiscing about the past 2 days. Hermione's invitation had come as a surprise, but it filled me with warmth.

'Stay with us at Grimmauld Place,' she had insisted, her eyes sparkling with excitement. Harry had nodded in agreement, adding, 'It'll be great to have you around. Plus, you can help Hermione with all the last-minute details.'

The thought of staying at Grimmauld Place, the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix, had given me a mix of anticipation and nervousness. 

The bridesmaid's dress was to be navy blue, a color Hermione and Ginny loved for its classic elegance. We had all gone bridal gown shopping together, a day filled with laughter, excitement, and a few tears of joy. Hermione and Ginny had looked stunning in every dress they tried, and it was clear this day meant the world to them. I cherished the camaraderie and the sense of family that enveloped us during those moments.

But informing Severus about my stay had been another matter. I remembered walking into the headmaster's office, feeling a bit apprehensive. Severus had been engrossed in a thick tome, his fingers absently tracing the ancient runes on the page.

'I'll be staying at Grimmauld Place with Harry and Hermione for a while,' I had announced, trying to sound casual.

Severus's head had snapped up, his dark eyes narrowing. 'And what of our bonding sessions, Mrs. Snape?' His tone had been clipped, but I had sensed the underlying concern.

I had met his gaze steadily. 'We can connect the Floo Network between your office and Grimmauld Place. It will be just like I'm in the castle.' I tried to sound casual and he accepted it reluctantly. 

'Mildred!' Hermione's voice brought me back to the present. 

'Mildred, can you please help me pack my bags for tomorrow? We have to reach the Burrow for the wedding. I can't wait to see the decorations' she beamed and a dreamy look came into her face. I chuckled and started helping her with her things. 

'I can't wait for you all to get married' I said, swishing my wand to pack all the things in the bags. She has charmed her bag with a shrinking charm and it has really helped a lot. 

I gifted her a veil to go with her wedding gown which was made by the Goblins. I gifted Ginny a beautiful hair pin which was diamond embellished. They will look perfect tomorrow. 

'Can we go now?' Harry stepped inside our room with his bag and we nodded in agreement. He held our hands and we apparated to the Burrow. 

As we apparated to the Burrow, the comforting familiarity of the Weasley's home welcomed us. However, it was transformed into a scene of enchanting beauty, illuminated under the night sky. The air was filled with the warm, inviting glow of countless fairies buzzing artfully between the trees and the house. The boho chic decorations gave the entire area a magical, whimsical feel, perfectly suited for the joyous occasion.

The garden was adorned with an array of rustic, handmade decorations. Mason jars with flickering candles inside were suspended from tree branches, casting a soft, ambient light that danced with the gentle evening breeze. Colorful, mismatched rugs and cushions were scattered on the ground, creating cozy, intimate seating areas.

Long, wooden tables were set up under a canopy of lights and delicate fabric drapes, creating a romantic, ethereal atmosphere. The tables were decorated with simple yet elegant centerpieces of wildflowers in an eclectic mix of vases, bringing bursts of color and a touch of nature's beauty to the setting. The chairs were draped with sheer, flowing fabrics, adding to the overall sense of effortless elegance.

Dreamcatchers of various sizes, handmade with intricate designs, hung from the trees and beams, their feathers and beads swaying gently in the night air. Lanterns and fairies twinkled everywhere, making the garden look like it was sprinkled with stardust.