Safeguarding Hogwarts.

What do you do when you love that person but they don't love you back? You stay or you leave? I can't do the latter. I guess, I am stuck with with him. It's been a week I haven't spoken to him and have only met him for our bonding sessions. In our bonding sessions too we haven't spoken to each other. Sat together till we fell asleep and continued to do our work next morning like nothing happened.

From today I will be starting my guard in the Hogwarts grounds. I went to the office to sign in and take all the details for the safe guarding. Even Hermione was there in the office.

'Hey, Mildred' Hermione came forward and gave me a warm hug while Helen stood there giving me a smile. I am nervous for my night shift. What if there are death eaters rounding the Hogwarts ground.

'Ready for your first night shift?' Helen asked, while waving a white file in front of me. Oh! I have to keep the manifesto in its previous place or else they will start doubting the employees.

'Yes, I am born ready' I punched the air in excitement. Hermione and Helen laughed at my antics.

'Why are you here Hermione?' I asked, out of curiosity and looked from Helen to Hermione with furrowed eyebrows. Hermione was wearing her black robes with black pants. Is she joining me for the nightshift.

'Even I have volunteered for the night shift Mildred. I didn't want to be left behind' Hermione muttered and tears formed in her eyes. Harry and Ron must be at home resting after their regular shifts.

'I want your wands to do a regular check' Helen interrupted us an held her hands in front of us. We handed our wands and she went inside with it. I opened the file to find a blueprint of the dark forest in the first page itself. There were names scribbled around the blueprint.

I took a closer look and found my name with Soren Whitewood while Hermione was safeguarding Hogwarts gate with Percival Sterling. I flipped the page and found another blueprint in it of Hogwarts halls and the castle.

I looked closely and found Lillian Emberheart's name in the Hogwarts halls while Calista Moonstone's name was written on the Headmaster's office. Is she going to be safeguarding Severus? I know that she is the most talented auror but I didn't think that they would appoint her to Severus. I rolled my eyes at this. I saw another name in the 7th floor of the Hogwarts and it was of Finley Frost's.

A man a solid 6 feet tall entered the office in his black robes and heavy boots. His sand brown hair is cropped short, practical and unassuming, framing a face that is handsome in its rugged simplicity. There's a certain ruggedness to his features, with a square jawline and deep-set eyes that carry a gaze of quiet intensity. His eyes fell on me and he checked me out from head to toe. I blushed and averted my gaze away from him.

'Sorry for being late' he uttered, his voice a distinct rasp and with a tinge of rough edge. Impressive.

'It's really okay Soren, Most of them are not here yet' Hermione said, shaking his hand. How does she knows him? I looked with furrowed brows from Hermione to him.

'You must have not met him Mildred but he is from our team. Was working with Hermione in the muggle teenagers case. Mildred, this is Soren Whitewood and Soren this is Mildred Snape' Helen introduced us. He is paired with me! We will be safeguarding the dark forest together.

'It's nice to meet you Mrs. Snape' Soren shook my hand and gave me a stunning smile. I returned the gesture and waited for my wand to be returned to me.

'Soren's wand was already checked. Here are yours and you all can proceed to Hogwarts now' Helen handed mine and Hermione's wands together. It was polished and looked brand new.