Chapter 7: Silencer

Bob Roth and his son are greeted at hotel by , who says that having a famous DJ and his manager father is an honor. Bob asks if that means free dinner, but claims to be joking upon noticing André's hesitant look. When André leaves, Bob asks his son if he has any new ideas for his upcoming promotion, to which XY says that he never has ideas. 

He shows him an idea that he copied, but after listening to it for a moment, Bob notices that it sounds the same as the piece he did last year. XY listens and realizes that his father is right, joking on how he copied himself. Bob says that it's okay as people are too busy to notice and what really matters is the concept. He asks XY for visuals, but when XY reveals that he has none, Bob tells him to use the same method that won him his fame and fortune — copy others' ideas.

{~Outside Collège Françoise Dupont~}

You and all your friends listen to an announcement made by Bob Roth through Marinette's phone.

"We're looking for new talent. Stunning musical and visual skills are a must. With a brand new style that everyone will die for. You have two weeks to send in your videos."

"It's a perfect opportunity to showcase Kitty Section." Marinette talks to the friends around her.

"And the stage clothes you and your sister designed, Marinette." Luka smiles.

You nodded. "Maybe two weeks is enough time to make an awesome video. Everyone in?"

"Here we go!" Rose screams.

"Kitty Section!" you all high five in union.

While the band performs, You and your sister had no choice but to work together designing their costumes and records them.

You sketched a couple of designs on your own,stopping the pencil and look up peaking Luka smiling at you which catches you off guard before resuming quickly to draw.

You made Luka try on his newly made armor, speaking with him about any potential changes that could be made.

Luka points out that one of his shoulder pads feel lighter than the other, which makes you come closer to him to check on the imbalance. You figure that the stitching was messed up and begins to fix it, but freezes in place when Luka gently begins to pat your head affectionately.

You shyly smile, picking up on Luka's subtle ways to try and make you feel better.

Once the video is completed, Marinette sends it to Bob and you all huddle in a hug. Some time later, there is another rehearsal.

"Wow! This is so awesome! We're so in the moment. The song's fun and totally sincere." Luka approaches Marinette, who is anxiously looking at her phone. "Hey, Marinette. Still no news about the contest?"

"Maybe they didn't like our song."

"They must've received a ton of videos. They probably haven't made their pick yet." Luka places a gentle hand on her shoulder.

Marinette smiles and nods her head.

"Uh, oh. You better take a look at this, guys."  Ivan calls, pointing out of a window.

"♫ ...cause I love my unicorn, and fluffy blue bunnies, too! ♫"

You and Everyone looks outside the boat window and see the TVi studio where XY is performing Kitty Section's song and wearing a cardboard version of their costumes.

"Wow! Lovin' the new look, XY! You've really outdone yourself this time. How did you come up with a style that's so... original?" Alec announces.