Chapter 23: Felix & Mikhail

Gabriel Agreste visits Emilie Agreste, who is still unconscious. He wipes his left hand containing the two rings with a blue cloth. "Their miraculous will soon be mine, I promise. Then, I will get the ultimate power, and we shall all be together again." He  raises the 2 rings overlapping, then slips them apart. They shine. He puts one ring on Emilie's left ring finger, then he puts her hands together again.

"You and I...Soon, Emilie." He puts the other ring on his finger.

Meanwhile, from inside the Mansion, Nathalie looks out a window, and sees Vanitas and Adrien in the garden. They sit cross-legged in front of a statue of their mother, Emilie.

"Of course. Someone will get you right away." Nathalie speaking to someone on phone.

She hangs up and messages Gorilla, prompting him to leave the mansion in the car. Gabriel approaches Nathalie, and stops beside her, glaring solemnly at her. There's a long silence. While she tries to give him a reassuring look, he gazes at his two sons below. Adrien turns and smiles at them while Vanitas remain expressionless. Nathalie waves at them, and they waves back, while Gabriel continues staring solemnly.

"It's been one year. The longer you keep them in the dark about what you're doing, the harder it'll be on them when they find out." Nathalie said.

Gabriel closes his eyes and nods, and heads outside.

Adrien looks at his mother while he sings and Vanitas just plays a rose in his hand. "Little kitty on a roof, all alone without his -"

"Vanitas. Adrien."

"Father?"

Gabriel walks up to them and sat down beside Vanitas. "There is something important I have to talk to you two about. I think about telling you both every day, but I don't know how to find the right words."

"I think we already know, father." Vanitas believes that he already knows what it is, thinking that his father and Nathalie are together.

"But, how?" Gabriel was bewildered by Vanitas.

"We've noticed how close you and Nathalie have become. If she can make you happy again, then... as far as I'm concerned, she's already part of our family." Adrien smiles.

Gabriel gets upset and offended at the notion from these two. "How could you possibly think such a thing?! Nobody could ever replace your mother, as long as she is still in our hearts she lives on!" Adrien looks astonished as Gabriel starts walking away. "We're expecting guests. Be ready. And do mind your manners Vanitas. " He leaves back to his atelier.

Once he leaves, Vanitas feels like he compares Gabriel to Karlhienz and his own 6 sons. "Something tells me that he rind's so thick it's almost impossible to get inside the center."

"Don't be so hard on him, Van. It's been a year today since Mom... went away forever." Adrien looks back to his mothers stature.

Vanitas sighs. "I still smell something fishy."

{~Couffaine houseboat~}

Marinette paces in front of her friends Kim, Rose, Juleka, Max, Alya, Nino, and Luka, as they all sit on the stage while you just stood up crossing your arms.

"We can't leave Adrien all alone on a day like this." Marinette insists that they can't leave him alone on such a sad day.

The rest of the students are on video call on Alya's tablet: Alix, Marc, Nathaniel, Myléne, Ivan, Kagami, Lila, and Chloé.

"True that, but there's no way his and Vanitas' old man's gonna let us see them." Alix agrees through video call.

"Okay, why don't we make them a video and tell him how much we all care about him?" You suggested.