chapter 7 (the civil wedding)

After three years of dedicating themselves to building their business, Ferrod felt it was the perfect time to take their relationship to the next level. One evening, he decided to have a heartfelt conversation with Sarah.

Ferrod: (smiling) "We've been through so much together, building our dreams and making our business a success. I was thinking, what if we take another step forward in our journey?"

Sarah: (curious) "What do you mean, Ferrod?"

Ferrod: (nervously) "Well, what if we make things official? What if we have a secret civil wedding, just between us?"

Sarah: (surprised) "A secret civil wedding? That's a big step. Why keep it a secret?"

Ferrod: (gently) "I want it to be our special thing, Sarah. A private moment, just for us. No grand gestures or big celebrations - just a quiet ceremony to seal our commitment to each other."

Sarah: (smiling) "Ferrod, that sounds beautiful. A secret wedding, just between us. I love the idea. When do you want to do it?"

Ferrod: (relieved) "I was thinking next month, on our anniversary. It'll be a day to remember, and our little secret will make it even more special."

Sarah: (excited) "I can't believe we're doing this! A secret civil wedding on our anniversary. It's perfect, Ferrod."

Ferrod: "In perfect time, our grand wedding will follow..."

Sarah: "That's a thing worth waiting,"

As they continued to discuss the details of their secret civil wedding, the love and commitment between Ferrod and Sarah blossomed into a beautiful decision to embark on this intimate journey together. The idea of a quiet, private celebration became a shared dream, solidifying their bond even further as they prepared to take this meaningful step in their relationship.

On the day of their secret civil wedding, Ferrod and Sarah, dressed in simple yet elegant attire, stood nervously before the judge who would solemnize their union. The small, quiet room in the courthouse was filled with a sense of intimacy and significance.

Judge: (smiling) "Today, we gather to witness the union of Ferrod and Sarah in marriage. Please step forward."

Ferrod and Sarah approached the judge, hands intertwined, their eyes reflecting a mix of excitement and love.

Judge: "Before we proceed, I understand you've chosen to have some witnesses present. Is that correct?"

Ferrod: (nodding) "Yes, Your Honor. We've invited four of the court staff members to stand as witnesses for our special day."

Judge: "Excellent. Please call them forward."

Ferrod and Sarah approached the four court staff members, expressing their gratitude for being part of this intimate ceremony.

Ferrod: "Thank you all for being here with us today. Your presence means a lot."

Witness 1: "We're honored to be a part of your special day."

Witness 2: "It's not every day we get to witness such a beautiful ceremony."

Sarah: "We appreciate your support and being witnesses to this important moment in our lives."

Witness 3: "It's our pleasure. Best wishes to both of you!"

As the witnesses took their places, the judge proceeded with the solemnization of their marriage.

Judge: "Ferrod and Sarah, as you stand here today, may you continue to support and cherish each other. Marriage is a journey of love, understanding, and growth. Are you both ready to take on this commitment?"

Ferrod and Sarah: (in unison) "We are."

The judge continued with the ceremony, the vows exchanged between Ferrod and Sarah filled with heartfelt promises and love.

Judge: "By the authority vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now seal your vows with a kiss."

Ferrod and Sarah shared a tender kiss, sealing their commitment to each other. The small room echoed with applause from their witnesses, who celebrated this beautiful moment in the lives of Ferrod and Sarah.

Witness 4: "Congratulations! May your marriage be filled with love and joy."

The room was filled with warmth and joy as Ferrod and Sarah, now officially married, expressed their gratitude to the witnesses who had shared in the intimacy of their secret civil wedding. The simple ceremony became a meaningful chapter in their journey, marking the beginning of their married life together.

After their intimate civil wedding, Ferrod and Sarah decided to extend their appreciation to the judge and the court staff who had been witnesses to their special day. They opted for a catered food delivery from a well-known local restaurant, wanting to make the gesture extra special.

Ferrod and Sarah arrived at the courthouse with the delicious spread from the caterer, ready to express their gratitude.

Ferrod: (smiling) "We thought a little celebration was in order. We've arranged for some tasty treats for everyone. Thank you all for being a part of our wedding."

Judge: (appreciative) "Oh, that's very thoughtful of you both. We didn't expect this, but we certainly appreciate the gesture."

Sarah: (handing over the food) "It's just a small token of our gratitude. We wanted to share this joy with all of you who made our day so special."

Witness 1: "This looks amazing! Thank you, Ferrod and Sarah. Congratulations once again!"

Witness 2: "You went all out. We're touched by your generosity. Best wishes to both of you."

Ferrod: "It's the least we could do. We're grateful for your presence. Enjoy the food, and thank you for making our day memorable."

As they shared smiles, exchanged thanks, and wished each other well, Ferrod and Sarah left the courthouse, leaving behind a sense of appreciation and happiness. The catered food became a delicious way for them to express gratitude to those who had been witnesses to their secret civil wedding.

Early morning after the civil wedding...

In the quiet hush of the early morning, Ferrod made his way to his mother's tomb, the air still and the world awakening. As he stood before the gravestone, he felt a mix of emotions, a blend of triumph and anticipation.

Ferrod: (softly) "Mom, I wish you were here to witness what's happening. My plan is moving forward, and vengeance is progressing... near to completion."

The morning sun cast a gentle glow on the tombstone as Ferrod spoke, his words carrying a weight of determination and a sense of fulfillment.

Ferrod: (reflecting) "All those years of hard work, the sacrifices, and the challenges I faced - it's all coming together. The business, the success, it's more than I could have hoped for."

He traced the letters of his mother's name on the gravestone as if seeking her silent approval.

Ferrod: (whispering) "This success is for you, Mom. The plan I made, the dreams we shared before you left me- they're becoming a reality. Now, I can almost feel the culmination of our vengeance."

As Ferrod spoke, the breeze carried his words, as if sharing the secrets of his heart with the morning air.

Ferrod: (looking ahead) "The people who wronged us will soon realize the consequences. Our triumph is not just in business; it's in proving that we can rise above the challenges life threw at us."

He took a deep breath, a mix of satisfaction and determination coursing through his veins.

Ferrod: "I'll keep pushing forward, Mom. And when it's all done, when our vengeance is complete, I'll come back here to tell you about it."

As Ferrod lingered by the tombstone, he felt a sense of closure and a renewed sense of purpose. The quiet morning became a sacred moment of connection, where words spoken to the wind carried the echoes of a son's promise to his departed mother.

***********************************************************************************************

01082024Monday