chapter 8 (visit to Sara's parents)

One evening, while enjoying a quiet dinner together, Ferrod decided it was time to bring up the idea of meeting Sarah's parents.

Ferrod: (smiling) "I've been thinking about it, what do you say we visit your parents? I'd love to meet them."

Sarah: (curious) "Visit my parents? That's exciting. Why do you want to meet them now?"

Ferrod: (gently) "Well, we've been together for a while, and I think it's time I get to know your family better. Plus, it would mean a lot to me."

Sarah: (thoughtful) "You want to meet them? It's just, that they can be a bit traditional, and I'm not sure how they'll react."

Ferrod: (reassuring) "I understand, Sarah. But let's share our happiness with them. What do you say?"

Sarah: (smiling) "You're right. It's about time. Let's plan a visit. I hope they'll like you as much as I do."

Ferrod: (grinning) "Great! I'm looking forward to it. I promise I'll make a good impression."

As they continued with their dinner, the prospect of meeting Sarah's parents became a topic filled with anticipation and excitement, adding a new layer of meaning to their relationship.

As Ferrod and Sarah continued their dinner conversation, Ferrod took a deep breath before expressing another idea that had been on his mind.

Ferrod: (smiling nervously) "Sarah, there's something else I want to talk to you about. It's a bit traditional, but it means a lot to me."

Sarah: (curious) "What is it, Ferrod? You seem a bit serious all of a sudden."

Ferrod: (gentle) "I was thinking, after we meet your parents and they get to know me a bit, how would you feel about me asking for your hand for a church wedding?"

Sarah: (surprised) "A church wedding? Are you sure?"

Ferrod: (nodding) "I know it's a significant decision, but it's something I've been thinking about. I want us to have a beautiful ceremony, surrounded by our loved ones, and a church wedding feels like the right way to celebrate our love."

Sarah: (smiling) "Ferrod, that sounds wonderful. I never thought about it, but the idea of a church wedding is special. Let's do it!"

Ferrod: (relieved) "Really? I'm glad you like the idea. I promise to make it a day you'll always remember."

The conversation shifted to the possibilities and dreams of a church wedding, adding a new layer of excitement to their future together. As they continued to share their thoughts and plans, the prospect of a church ceremony became a beautiful and meaningful aspiration for Ferrod and Sarah.

As Sarah and Ferrod arrived at Sarah's parents' house, Sarah took a deep breath, ready to share a surprising revelation.

Sarah: (smiling nervously) "Mom, Dad, I have some big news. This is Ferrod, my husband. We got married in a civil ceremony."

Sarah's Mom: (shocked) "Married? Husband? When did this happen? And you, young man, what's your family name?"

Ferrod: (grinning) "Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Delcorro. Yes, it's true... Sarah and I got married in a civil ceremony. My family name is Castillon."

Sarah's Mom's expression changed instantly, her face turning pale.

Sarah's Dad: (concerned and whispered to his wife) "Castillon? Why does that name sound familiar?"

Sarah's Mom: (whispering) "Jules Castillon... Arrizza Castillon... It can't be."