chapter 40 (Rekindling Connection)

Determined to reunite the family, Ferrod continued his efforts to persuade Sarah and Matthew to live with him.

One weekend, he invited them to his home, hoping to create a comfortable and inviting atmosphere for them.

Ferrod: (warmly) "Hey, guys, I've been thinking a lot. How about you both come and live with me? We are family."

Sarah: (hesitant) "Ferrod, I appreciate your kindness, but we've managed on our own for a while now. I don't want to impose on you."

Ferrod: (gentle) "You're not imposing, Sarah. I want this. I miss having you around and of course Matthew. Plus, it would make things easier for all of us."

Matthew: (enthusiastic) "Yeah, Nanay! Daddy's place is cool, and we can be a real family again!"

Sarah: (thoughtful) "It's a big decision. I'm grateful for your offer, but I'm used to our life. And what about my work and school for Matthew?"

Ferrod: (assuring) "Don't worry, Sarah. I've thought about that. We can work out a plan that suits everyone. Your well-being and Matthew's happiness are my priorities.... I will transfer Matthew to a private school, and I ask you to stop selling on the sidewalk, you can stay at home and be a housewife and full-time mother to Matthew,"

Matthew: (smiling) "It would be awesome, Nanay. Daddy's place is bigger, and there's even a garden! No need to go to the park,"

Ferrod: (optimistic) "So, what do you say, Sarah? Let's give it a try. We can create new memories together and rebuild what we had."

Sarah: (reflective) "It's a lot to consider, Ferrod. But your sincerity means a lot. Let me think about it."

Ferrod respected Sarah's decision, understanding the significance of the choice ahead. His genuine desire to rebuild their family and create a nurturing environment spoke volumes, laying the foundation for a future filled with hope and togetherness.

After a week of thoughtful consideration, and with Ferrod's and Matthew's persistent enthusiasm, Sarah decided to accept Ferrod's invitation to move to his house.

One evening, they sat down to discuss the decision.

Ferrod: (excited) "Sarah, I'm really glad you're considering this. I believe it's the right step for all of us."

Sarah: (smiling) "You and Matthew have been so insistent, and I can see the sincerity. I think it's time for a change."

Matthew: (joyful) "Yay! We're going to be a family in one roof!"

Ferrod: (grateful) "Thank you, Sarah. I promise we'll make this transition as smooth as possible. You and Matthew mean a lot to me."

Sarah: (reflective) "It's a big adjustment, but I'm willing to give it a try. I want us to have a fresh start, and maybe it'll help me remember."

Matthew: (enthusiastic) "Daddy's house is so cool, Nanay! You'll love it!"

Ferrod: (assuring) "We'll take it one step at a time, Sarah. And remember, I'm here for both of you. We'll create a home filled with love and new memories."

The decision to move marked the beginning of a new chapter for the family. Their shared optimism and determination set the stage for a journey of rediscovery, love, and the rebuilding of bonds that time had momentarily obscured.

As the day of the move approached, Matthew couldn't contain his excitement about seeing his new room at Ferrod's house.

On the day they were set to move in, Matthew eagerly wanted to explore his soon-to-be space.