four.

Nine days had flown by in a blur, each night filled with bloodshed and tension as Nakamura Hina  played game after game, driven by a vengeance that ran deeper than her veins

Nine days had flown by in a blur, each night filled with bloodshed and tension as Nakamura Hina played game after game, driven by a vengeance that ran deeper than her veins. She was relentless, often pushing herself to the limit by playing two games in one night, even when exhaustion threatened to swallow her whole. Her once childlike innocence had hardened into a shell of ruthless efficiency, and her reputation in the Borderlands had grown into a force to be reckoned with.

Whispers followed her wherever she went, the stories of a young woman who had no mercy, no hesitation. She was known as the girl who walked through the lasers with a dead-eyed stare, killing when needed and surviving at all costs. Sympathy no longer had a place in her heart—she'd left it in the hands of her brother, now cold and lifeless in the ground. Her promise to Hikaru echoed in her mind every day: she would make them pay. And for that, she had to keep winning.

Her accumulated winnings were a testament to her skill and savagery. She had stacked up weeks on her visa, with a collection of cards that reflected her prowess in nearly every type of game: the 3, 6, and 9 of Spades—physical games where she thrived; the Ace and 7 of Clubs—team games where she manipulated players like chess pieces; the Ace and 3 of Diamonds—intellectual challenges she tackled with ease; and her personal favorite, the 3, 4, 6, and 8 of Hearts—games that tested not just skill, but the very core of one's humanity.

But in this world, humanity was a weakness. And Hina had cast hers aside long ago.

Today, she found herself walking toward her next game after taking a rare day off to replenish supplies. Rest was a luxury she seldom afforded herself, but even she knew the value of food and water to keep her body in fighting condition. Now she was ready for more blood, more challenge, more victory. Her feet carried her toward an abandoned railway station, its tracks long unused, weeds pushing through the cracks in the concrete like nature reclaiming its space.

As she approached the familiar white table with the phones neatly arranged, the other players already gathered, their faces turned away, avoiding eye contact. They had heard of her. They knew what she was capable of. Fear radiated from them in waves, but none dared to speak a word. She smirked slightly, savoring their discomfort.

Facial Recognition Completed: Player Nakamura Hina
There are currently 5 players. Registration closes in 5 minutes.

Hina leaned against the cold stone wall, absently biting her fingernail—a nervous habit she had yet to kick despite her hardened exterior. Her dark eyes scanned the other players: an older woman who looked like she had just walked out of a corporate boardroom; a tall woman with short-cropped hair, red lipstick, and sunglasses; a massive man with the build of a soldier; and lastly, a man wearing an animal-print shirt, his face adorned with several piercings.

Hina caught the piercing man's eye for a split second before his tongue darted out, circling his lips as he leered at her, his gaze roaming over her body in a way that made her skin crawl. She turned away in disgust, resisting the urge to put her knife to use already. Before he could approach, the familiar chime echoed from their phones.