sixteen.

"Mother? Father?" Hina's voice trembled as she stepped cautiously through the shattered doorway of her home

"Mother? Father?" Hina's voice trembled as she stepped cautiously through the shattered doorway of her home. The once-familiar sight of their broken front door sent a jolt of fear through her. It was clear that whoever had forced their way inside had done so with malicious intent.

With her heart pounding, she moved through the dimly lit hallways, each step echoing off the walls. As she reached the kitchen, her breath caught in her throat. The scene before her was chaos incarnate: furniture overturned, drawers ripped open, and personal belongings scattered everywhere. A sinking feeling settled in her gut.

"What did you do?" she whispered, her voice barely audible. The intensity of the scene felt like a nightmare, yet the cold reality of it gripped her.

A sudden gasp jerked her awake. She sat up abruptly in her bed, her breathing ragged. The remnants of the horrific dream clung to her like a shadow, but her room was still intact. She rubbed her eyes, trying to dispel the remnants of the dream, and looked around, disoriented.

Her eyes fell on a figure seated in the corner of her room. She let out a sharp, startled scream. "You're such a creep, sneaking into my room to watch me sleep!" she hissed, her voice trembling with a mix of fear and irritation.

The figure, a man she recognized as Chishiya, remained unfazed. His gaze was steady as he spoke, "I noticed you signed up to play again tonight."

Hina, still shaken, glared at him with all the intensity she could muster. If looks could kill, Chishiya would have been six feet under by now. "And how does that concern you?"

"Why are you playing games when you still have at least a month left on your visa?" he inquired, his tone laced with a hint of curiosity.

Hina sighed heavily, her shoulders slumping. She dragged herself out of bed, her movements sluggish and unsteady from sleep. She stumbled towards the bathroom, mentally cursing herself for the disheveled state she was in. After a quick check to ensure she looked presentable, she realized with a jolt that she had forgotten her swimsuit.

"I swear to god," Hina muttered, rubbing the bridge of her nose in frustration. She took a deep breath to steady herself before returning to her room, pointedly ignoring the figure in the corner.

She rummaged through her wardrobe, pulling out a sleek black one-piece swimsuit and a white cardigan. As she turned to head back to the bathroom, she locked eyes with Chishiya. The moment was charged, neither of them willing to look away.

Their standoff was interrupted by a knock at the door. Hina turned sharply to see Kuina entering with a cheerful grin.

"Ready for food?" Kuina asked, her eyes twinkling with enthusiasm.

Hina's face flushed a deep shade of red, and she cursed inwardly. Why the hell am I blushing?

—————