nine.

Facial Recognition Completed: Player Nakamura HinaThere are currently 4 participants, registration will close in 10 minutes

There are currently 4 participants, registration will close in 10 minutes

The digital announcement echoed through the building, signaling that Hina's registration was complete. There were currently four participants, and registration would close in ten minutes. Hina leaned against the wall, her frustration palpable. She had wanted to tackle this game alone, to prove her skills without any distractions. But, as usual, Hatter had other plans. He insisted she be accompanied by others—witnesses and potential test subjects to gauge her abilities in the face of danger.

Even though she was technically alone in this game, outside the building, a car waited with Ann, Chishiya, and Aguni. They had chosen not to participate, opting instead to observe from a safe distance. The game was set in an open space, which meant the trio could watch from their vantage point without the risk of becoming part of the challenge themselves.

A cacophony of footsteps and anxious voices drew her attention. A young teenage boy burst into the building, his eyes wide with panic and confusion. "People! Oh, thank God! Does anyone know where the whole of Tokyo has gone?" he shouted, his voice trembling.

Hina rolled her eyes and turned away. "Less competition for me if he's a newbie," she muttered under her breath. She had no interest in engaging with someone so clearly out of their depth. Instead, she focused her gaze out of the building, towards the car where her friends waited. Sensing her stare, Chishiya turned and met her eyes. A smirk curled on his lips as he gave her a casual wave. Hina ignored him, her attention already shifting to the next entrant.

A middle-aged man walked in, his clothes stained with dried blood. His disheveled appearance was a stark contrast to the youthful panic of the boy. Hina studied him briefly. "He's definitely not a clubs player," she thought, noting his rough demeanor.

The announcement blared once more, updating the participant count.

Registration has now closed. There are currently 6 participants.

Game: Human Elevator
Difficulty: 2 of Spades

Hina turned back to the front of the building as the details of the game were revealed. The three observers outside—Ann, Chishiya, and Aguni—couldn't hear the announcer, but Hina made a spade symbol with her fingers, signaling the difficulty level. The trio exchanged pleased looks. Another card to collect, another challenge to conquer.

Rules:
-Stay on the elevator until you reach the top
-Players must hold on until they are notified the game has been cleared
-Sabotage is not prohibited

Game Clear:
-Stay on the elevator until you reach the top and receive a game clear

Game Over:
-You fall from the elevator
-You fail to reach the top