Chapter 19 - The Meeting

SALMA SHARAF

Sharath has set a get-together and invited all of us and it was set over here in Trivandrum as he knew I can't travel that long to Calicut.......

The get-together was set in my favorite cafe actually and I was really happy about it that we all would be meeting each other after so long but I don't guess Farzaan would be coming because of my presence in that meeting.....

After few hours Rida arrived at my home to pick me up for the get-together and within five minutes we got off to get to our destination.....

After about 15 minutes we reached our destination and got inside the cafe and now waiting for the rest of them . Now the rest of them have also arrived except for Farzaan and I was kind of relieved and at the same time disappointed of not being able to meet him.....

Now all of us were present except for Farzaan and then we started chit chatting to catch up what's going on in our lives and through that I came to know about what happened in the Rouf's house . But I was kind of happy that aunty got saved from that toxic relationship.....

After a while when I looked towards the front door of the cafe I saw someone familiar entering and that was Farzaan , seeing him my body froze and my stomach was in knots I literally felt like my heart was sinking to my stomach.....

When Farzaan reached the table our gazes met and unlike how I imagined that gaze would be that is filled with hatred instead it was filled with warmth and softness. I was really surprised to see him looking at me like that because from what I remember he hated me , what had changed now ? Doesn't he hate me ? All sorts of questions like this repeated inside my head....

When I looked around to see others expressions I was shocked because seeing their faces I understood that it was a set up and they lied about him being busy in a company meeting . I raised the question looking at the others "You guys said he was busy in a meeting , then how come he's here now?" Hearing that Farzaan replied "Do you dislike my presence Salma?" and I was really taken aback seeing Farzaan talking to me.......

The others started speaking up "We are really sorry and didn't mean to trick you , this was a get-together itself but at the same time it was a meeting Especially set for Farzaan as he has something to talk out with you , so excuse us we're leaving you both alone for some time but would be present in the opposite table".....

Saying that they left and now we both were left alone in awkward silence , after a few minutes of silence I raised my question "What did you have to talk about with me , because of what I last remember you hated me , now what did change?"

"I never hated you Salma and I can't hate someone like you either"

"Then why did you start behaving distant towards me and didn't even bother to contact me all these years , why did it take 8 years for you to talk to me? I know what I did was wrong but I didn't do that on purpose to hurt you and did ask for forgiveness and you didn't even bother to look at me!!!" After saying all that tears started to roll down from my eyes and Farzaan pushed the tissue box gently towards me.

"I am really sorry for hurting you Salma that was not my intention to if anything I would do everything to see you smile and keep you happy I had no other choice than that"

"what do you mean no other choice?"

"After that incident my dad forbid me to stop being friends with you as he was embarrassed because you informed shainy aunty about what I said and my father threatened me of joining me in a boarding school and separate me from everyone whom actually cares for me , hearing that I didn't have any other option other than doing what he said until I get independent and now when I got independent I was able to confront you"

Hearing that I was really in shock at what his father did , he was a literal piece of trash ......

"But why now? Why did you bother to clear it with me ? You didn't had to as our friendship was long gone"

"Do you know Salma what I feared the most when my dad threatened me ? It was not being able to see you forever!!! By accepting my father's order I would at least be able to see you and that was enough for me"

"What ? But why did you fear being separated from me ?"

"It's because you were more than a friend to me Salma , you were my hayati who brought a special kind of light into my life and you still are my hayati who's memories kept me work hard to get out of the cage build my father. I don't know when or how I had fallen for you but I do know one thing that I can't afford to lose you and that's the reason I had to do all these so that until our graduation I would at least be able to see you even though not be able to talk to you!!!"

Hearing all that I didn't know how to react or what to say , the sudden confrontation has brought me in a difficult position I literally felt suffocated inside and was so confused of what to do and the only thing I knew was I needed some time. That made me rush out of that cafe to the auto stand and took a ride to my home and didn't even hear what the others were saying as they too came behind me but couldn't catch up with my pace.....

After reaching home I went straight to my room and then lay down on my bed and was lost in thoughts by processing what all happened the last few hours......