ten ❦

Orange Flower . Enhypen

The smell of sandalwood invaded her senses deep into the night, with the sun having long hidden for the moon to shine stronger

The smell of sandalwood invaded her senses deep into the night, with the sun having long hidden for the moon to shine stronger. As Seolyeon continued to dip the fine hairs of her brush amongst the infinite void of blank ink, she found her mind drifting from the confines of the room of solitude to the outskirts of Agna Qel'a, to the clouds and the skies where her sister most likely rested, alone, upon Seolyeon's bed instead of her own.

Seolyeon had found herself craving distractions as of late so that her mind would not travel to the girl she loved with all her heart. Every passing moment of silence seemed tense with the looming war, which no quip of hers could help her run from. An attack on the Eastern Air Temple, with no injuries, no casualties—what were the Fire Nation's goals?

She could only guess at the intentions of greedy, wise elders, but her worry remained the same. As long as Seolhwa was not in danger, Seolyeon could handle anything.

Silently, she gazed at the oddly bound book, slightly worn at the edges from overuse throughout the years, smears of faded black ink dashed across the leather skin. Seolyeon hoped that the day she'd have to present the book—the diary—to her sister would still be far away so that she'd have time to recount everything about their world to her.

Her fingers brushed across the cover, fingers lilting toward the edges to turn to the latest page, a soft smile on her lips at the latest discovery she'd written.

"Snowflower, I think I found the perfect dessert for you today. It was sweet, brimmed with honey and milk, made with snow. Sometimes, they shape it into a pretty little flower. If you ever have the pleasure of visiting Agna Qel'a, just know your amazing older sister had enjoyed hundreds of the delicacy before you could step foot into the Northern Water Tribe.

With love,
Your Amazing Sister."

Even Seolyeon couldn't help but snort slightly at her own words, a smile on her lips as she read over the entry again. I truly am an amazing sister—she should appreciate me more.

Seolyeon quietly closed the book once again, setting it aside as she wiped thoughts of Seolhwa and the Western Air Temple from her mind—of the looming war from her mind. She instead stretched her arms up into the air, a groan of annoyance escaping her as she glanced down at the abnormally long scroll she had yet to fill up. At the rate she was going, she was sure she'd have to write well into the morning before she could manage to get a wink of sleep.

As she let the repetitive words paint the brown paper, ink splaying sporadically upon—she was never a calligraphist—she found herself yawning every few seconds. Perhaps it was already well into the next day, and the sun would slowly win its fight with the moon to empower the firebenders yet again.

Soon, Seolyeon found her mind drifting to Jungwon, oddly. She found it vile that innocent firebenders could be persecuted and forced into hiding simply due to the element they wield and crimes never committed by them. Do the actions of those in power reflect on those without? If the Eastern Air Temple committed an act of war, would she be shamed as an airbender?