Chapter 7 - Liam

“What the hell are you doing here?” Carter said, speaking to someone on the bank as she stood frozen in my arms. “Is it so wrong for a father to come looking for his daughter who ran away from home?” the man, her father, shot back. “You didn’t give a shit about me. Why’d you come looking for me? Was it so you’d have someone to beat on again?” Woah, what? “You shut your mouth, Carter. Now come on, you’re coming with me.” “The hell I am. I thought maybe it was just the alcohol that made you an asshole. I guess I was wrong.” “Shut the hell up, Carter. Now, come on. I wasn’t joking.” Okay, now is the time I step in. I pushed Carter behind me as I turned to face her father, “Sir, I think it would be best if you’d leave.” “You don’t tell me what to do. I’m trying to get my daughter back.” He started shouting, stepping closer to the edge. “Sir, please leave. She doesn’t want to go with you.” “If you want to protect her, get your ass out of the water and show you’re a real man that can protect my daughter.” I started walking towards the edge of the river until Carter took hold of my shirt, “Liam, you don’t have to do anything. Let’s just go.” She murmured, voice shaking profusely. “Alright” I nodded, taking her hand and pulling her behind me. “Awe, he’s too scared to prove he’s a man.” He taunted as I helped Carter out of the lake. She looked up at me, making sure I wouldn’t do anything. I smiled and wrapped my arm around her, walking to the picnic setup so she could grab her bag before we left. The next thing I knew, something came in contact with my jaw. I turned to see Carter’s father standing there with a smug look on his face. “Sir, I’m not looking for a fight. I’m simply just trying to make your daughter happy.” “She doesn’t need anyone to make her happy. She doesn’t deserve happiness. She’s an ungrateful, disobedient, little slut.” He sneered, sending Carter an unnecessary glare. “If you don’t appreciate her, then I don’t think she should be going with you. A lovely girl such as your daughter deserves respect which is something you obviously don’t give her.” I started leading Carter towards the car and then she started screaming and was pulled back. Her father had taken a hold of her hair and yanked her back. I didn’t really realize what I was doing but a second later my fist came into contact with his jaw, sending him to the ground as a line of curse words flowed from his mouth. “C’mon let’s go, love.”  I said in a hushed tone as I led Carter towards the car.

“Are you okay?” I asked, placing an arm around her shoulder and bringing her close. She didn’t respond, she just sat there shaking in her seat. “Carter, are you okay?” I asked again, lifting her chin so she would look at me. She slightly nodded and rested her head against my shoulder. I decided not to ask her about the beating that she mentioned; I’ll ask her about it later though. I also plan on asking her about everything that happened before we met because she hasn’t really told me much about what happened after her mum died.

As I parked the car, I looked down at Carter and realized she had fallen asleep on my shoulder on the ride home. I got out of the care and carefully lifted her, careful not to wake her up. I quietly made my way down the hallway, tiptoeing into her bedroom. As I set her down, she groaned and opened her eyes, witnessing me trying to sneak out of her room. “Liam?” “Yes?” I turned around to see her, squinting at me trying to see my face in the dark. “Come lay with me.” Is she being serious? I didn’t know how she would be towards me after the kiss, I guess she’s going to be nice. “Alright” I kicked off my shoes and slid into her bed. “Thank you” she murmured, resting her head on my chest. “For what?” “For punching that arsehole in the face.” “It was a spur of the moment thing, but, you’re welcome.” “Oh, thank you for taking me on a date, it was lovely.” She raised herself from the mattress and looked  me with a smile on her face. “You’re welcome.” I grinned, feeling foolish for blushing in front of her. “I want to do something.” “What would that be?” “This” she leaned in and placed her lips on mine.  I pulled away and ran a hand through her hair. “Now, that was lovely” “I agree” she laughed, placing a light kiss on my cheek before laying her head back down on my chest. “Can I ask you something, Carter?” “Of course” “What did you mean when you said your father was only looking for you because he needed something to beat on?” “Oh…uhm. He abused me. He started after my mum passed.” “Did you ever tell anyone?” “I told Josh after I ran away, but I made him promise not to tell anyone, and now you know.” “Why didn’t you tell anyone? Someone could have helped you get away from him.” The thought of Carter being hurt by anyone pains me, I can’t even bear the thought of it. “I was scared he would come find me. I was scared that I wouldn’t have anyone to protect me.” “I’m so sorry, Carter. You shouldn’t have had to go through that.” I pulled her closer to me, nuzzling my face into her hair. “It’s okay now, I have you to protect me.” She whispered, moving her hand to where it was set on top of mine. When she said that I couldn’t help but smile to myself, “Get some rest love, it’s getting late.” “Goodnight Liam” “Goodnight Carter,” I whispered, kissing the top of her head. I protectively wrapped my arms around her and pulled her as close as possible.

I’m her protector. 

Short update, sorry!

So,  I finally did a Liam point of view.

I like it, but then again I don't, hmph.

Well, I stayed up late to write this just for my lovely friends who kept bugging me about it(;

I love you all!

So, I'm going to start doing shout outs now.

There will probably be a repeat of people the shout outs go to but, oh well.

If I don't give a shout out to a friend, it will be to the person who leaves the best comment, so if you want a shout out & dedication, you should probably leave me a pretty good comment.(:

This shout out goes to Isabella

#ChristsabellaFOREVER

Love you!

~Christi. xx