Chapter 19 - Carter

"That's no fair!" Liam shouted from his seat as I pocketed the 8 ball, signalling that I had won for the fourth time that night. Duke hopped up from his spot at Liam's feet and trotted out of the room, obviously not a fan of Liam's shouting.

"It's plenty fair. Just because I'm better than you doesn't mean it's unfair." I grinned as I walked over to him. Even though he had just lost terribly, he had a smile on his face. The same adorable smile that he had on his face the first day we met, when he tackled me behind a dumpster. Obviously he has smiled like that since we've met, but in times where we're alone the smile just seems so much more genuine. It's one of the many things that caused me to fall in love with him.

"I was supposed to win though." He playfully pouted as I took a seat on his lap.

"Well, I could make it up to you."

"It's your birthday, I'm almost positive I'm supposed to be doing things for you. Not the other way around." He grinned as he reached up and caressed my cheek with his thumb.

"Well, if we're both having a good time, then it doesn't matter." I wrapped my arms around his neck then pressed my body against his.

"I think this could turn into something we'd definitely both enjoy." He said as his eyes locked on my lips.

"I think so too." I leaned forward, brushing my lips against his which caused his breathing to falter. He took in a shaky breath and pressed his lips to mine, leaving a quick kiss before taking my bottom lip between his teeth. I let out a quiet moan before tugging on his hair.

"Woah, couldn't wait until we left, could you?" Louis' voice filled the room. I quickly jumped off of Liam's lap and crossed my arms across my chest, feeling quite flustered. "Well, don't act like nothing just happened. Liam, were you giving her a birthday present?" He raised his eyebrows as he wore a huge grin on his face.

"Shush" Liam glared at Louis who was about to burst into a fit of laughter. God, I hope he doesn't tell anyone.

"You can continue if you'd like. I wouldn't mind watching." He shrugged and leaned against the door frame.

"Why are you in here?"

"In search of the birthday girl. She has presents and a cake waiting for her. But, if I were her I'd much rather get a present from you." He winked at the two of us. He's really not going to let this one go.

"We'll be out there in a minute, go." Liam shooed Louis out of the room, closing and locking the door. Once he was sure that Louis was away from the door, he walked over to me with a devilish grin on his face.

"I think we should wait to continue until everyone leaves." I said as he ran his hands down my sides, having them rest on my hips.

"You sure?" He murmured against my neck before slightly nipping at the skin. Okay, that's definitely not fair.

"Yes, I'm sure. It's a bit awkward when people are just a few rooms down."

"Alright. Let's go, birthday girl." He grinned and pecked my lips before taking my hand and leading me down the hallway.

----

"Thank you all so much." I grinned as I looked down at the table holding all of the presents I had just opened. I had acquired lots of clothes, a pair of heels, and a few gift certificates. Way more than I expected or even wanted to receive. As cheesy as it sounds, my new life with Liam is all I could ever ask for. He has completely changed me, in a good way of course. I'd say, he has found me, the real me. The fun, caring, happy Carter that disappeared years ago, Liam found her, and brought her back. There's nothing I could do to ever repay him. Ever.