Chapter 2 - Carter

I made a trailer for this fanfic! It is my first video that I've made of the sort, so it's not the best. But, check it out in the sidebar!

I sat on my bed and looked around my room. It was now clean, only because I packed up my heaps of clothes, shoes, and jewelry that were once scattered across my room in a large suitcase. I am leaving for London tomorrow, I’m leaving tonight to see Jade and I’m not coming back to this hell. No more beating, no more feeling worthless, no more of this terrible life. I pulled out my mobile to text Jade to see if I could come over after my father leaves for work.

To: Jade W.

Hey, girl. Is it okay if I come over after my father leaves for work? I have something to tell you. :s

after waiting for about ten minutes, I finally got a reply.

From: Jade W.

Sure! Just text me when you’re on your way. Josh is visiting (:

To: Jade W.

Oh (; Now, I’ll definitely text you when I’m on my way. I wouldn’t want to walk in on anything.

After sending that text, I threw my mobile on my bed and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. The hot water stung the cuts on my face and neck as did the soap; at least they’re getting cleaned. I shut the water off and reached for my towel, securing it around me before stepping out. After pulling on a pair of jeans and a hoodie I moved on to fixing my hair. I sprayed some hairspray in it so it would keep it’s natural wave and then moved onto makeup. Since Josh was going to be at Jade’s as well I couldn’t look like total crap so I put on the usual foundation, eyeliner, and mascara. After putting the makeup on I picked them up and threw them into my bag. Then, I walked into my room and looked out my window just in time to see my father’s car pull out of the driveway, his girlfriend’s car following closely behind. So, after pulling on my boots and making sure I had everything packed in my suitcase and what little money I had saved up in my pocket, I sent Jade a text.

To: Jade W.

Hey, I’m leaving now, be there in about five minutes.

So then I grabbed my suitcase and walked out of the house, taking one last look at it and smiling to myself knowing I won’t have to be in that hell ever again.

“Carter! Hey, long time no see.” Josh shouted as I walked through Jade’s front door. He and Jade were cuddling on the couch, and yet Jade says they’ll never date. “Hey Josh. Hey Jade” I smiled and left my suitcase by the door, slipping my boots off. “Carter what’s the bag for?” Jade asked, looking at the suitcase by the door. “Err, that’s part of what I needed to tell you.” I explained, looking down at the floor. “I’m going to uh, go get a drink” Josh announced, taking his arm away from Jade and walking towards the kitchen. Such a discrete way to leave. “What’s up, Carter?” Jade asked, sitting up and crossing her legs. “Well, I’m uh, not going to be at school anymore.” “What? Why?” “I’m leaving Codsall.” “Why?” “I have a lot of reasons. One of them being Codsall is a constant reminder of my mum’s death. It’s getting too much to handle.” “Oh” was all she could respond with as she looked down at her hands. “So, where are you going to go?” “London.” I replied confidently. Jade looked up at me with wide eyes, “London? Carter, do you know how far away that is? How are you going to get there? Where the hell are you going to stay?” “I’m taking the train there. As of right now, I’ll probably stay in a hotel or something. I’m going to get a job and save up money so I can get a flat there.” “Carter, it’s not that easy to just get a job.” I shrugged and sat back on the couch. “What’s going on?” Josh asked, strolling back into the living room with a cup of tea in his hand. “Carter’s leaving Codsall.” “Oh, where are you going?” Josh smiled, sitting down next to Jade. “London.” “Oh, hey. That’s where I live” he smiled. “Josh! You’re encouraging her to leave!” “Why shouldn’t she?” He asked, looking greatly confused. “She has barely any money. She’ll have nowhere to stay. And she doesn’t have a job.” Jade scowled. “Well Carter, you could stay with me or I might be able to talk to one of the boys to let you stay with them. Or I could give you some money so you could pay for a hotel or something. I can probably help you get a job too.” He smiled as Jade continued to shoot him daggers. “I don’t want to stay with you or whoever you’re talking about when you say boys. I’d feel terrible if I took any of your money. But, I wouldn’t mind your help with getting a job.” I smiled, thankful that he can help. I’d accept his offer to let me stay with him but I know he probably has ‘the boys’ over a lot. I’m not comfortable around males, I’ve developed a fear of them because of my father. The only two males that I am comfortable around are Josh and Andrew, so I wouldn’t be able to live somewhere that I would constantly be in the presence of new males. “Carter are you absolutely sure you want to leave?” Jade asked, looking for any sign showing that I’m not sure. If only she knew the real reason why I’m leaving. Then she’d know I’m 100% sure about leaving. “I’m 100% sure, Jade.” I gave her a sad smile, knowing she wasn’t happy about this. “When are you leaving?” Josh asked, wrapping an arm around Jade’s waist. “Probably tomorrow, If I can catch a train.” “Why don’t you just go with me when I go back? I’m going back in two days. I’ll pay for your ticket.” “Well, Jade could I stay here for two days then? I really can’t go back home. My father doesn’t know about me leaving.” “What? Why doesn’t he know?” “I have my reasons, Jade. Reasons that I can’t say. Please let me stay here.” “Why wouldn’t I let you stay?” she smiled, “Gotta’ spend as much time with you as I can since you’re going to be so far away from me.” She pouted. “Sorry, love. I just need a new life.” I sighed sinking into her couch.