Chapter 14 - Carter

I woke up from a nightmare, gasping and sitting up, causing Liam to flinch underneath me. He had moved us to my room and apparently helped me out of my shorts. After catching my breath, I opened my eyes to see a worn out Liam. The dim light shining from my fairy lights lit his face just enough for me to make out his features. He had bags under his eyes and his eyes looked red and irritated. He set his hand on my stomach, laying me back down, and sent me a small smile, which seemed to be a struggle for him.

"Liam, did you sleep at all?"

"I slept for about 15 minutes. I just couldn't sleep." his voice was all and raspy, I'm guessing I woke him up from his short slumber.

"What time is it?" I asked, looking around the room and realizing there wasn't a clock on my bedside table.

He checked his phone and set it on my table, "3:24" He croaked, closing his eyes.

"In the morning?" I squeaked, looking over to my window to see if it was dark but remembered that I covered it in a blanket because the sun kept waking me up too early.

"Mhmm" he murmured and pulled me closer to him. "Did you have a bad dream?"

I shuddered and grabbed onto his shirt, remembering the dream that caused me to wake up. It was about Dave, in my dream he was doing things much worse than what he did at the club. He was torturing and having his way with me. I have a feeling I'm going to be having these dreams for a while. "Yeah...it's fine though"

"Are you sure love?"

"Yeah, nothing I can't handle. Go to sleep, Liam."

"Not until you do."

"I probably won't be able to go back to sleep. You need sleep though."

"No. If you can't sleep, then we can talk. Well, if you want to."

"Depends on what you want to talk about" I tucked an arm under my head to prop it up a bit and smiled at the sleepy boy in front of me.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"When?" I could feel my heart beat faster, panic starting to take over.

"Tonight, at the club. Can you tell me what happened, why you came to me crying? Or would you rather wait?" At those words, I calmed down a bit. I thought he was going to ask what happened with my mum. That's not something I'm ready to talk about to anyone. Definitely now that everyone will be invading my privacy. People will find out enough information about the accident due to the various articles online.

"I uh, yeah I guess that's fine..."

"So, what did happen?"

I took in a deep breath, "Do you see the mark on my neck?" I pointed to the left side of my neck, lifting my head a bit so it'd be easier to see.

He leaned up and brushed hair away from my neck, trying to see what I was pointing at. "I can't see anything, it's too dark in here."

I reached over him to switch on my lamp and leaned back, showing him the throbbing bruise on my neck. He gently rubbed his hand over it, making me wince.

"Sorry sorry sorry" he gasped.

"Let me explain."

"Alright" he nodded, sitting up a bit and pulling me into his chest.

"When I first came here, Josh and I went out looking for jobs after I said I couldn't work for Caroline, we ended up going to this run down diner. The owner immediately took me to his office for what he said would be an interview. But, as soon as he took me into his office, he slammed me against the door and started treating me like I was some toy, like he could have his way with me. I got away but he said he would find me. Well, here we are three weeks later and he found me. I was walking out of the bathrooms and he tapped me on the shoulder making me turn around and run into him. He told me He was doing what he wanted there because no one would notice. He held me against his chest then started sucking and biting my neck. Once he realized I wouldn't do what he wanted, he push me away and walked into a huge group of people." my voice stayed monotone as I stared straight ahead at the blank wall. I wasn't sure how to feel right now, actually, I just didn't know what emotions to express. I'm happy that Liam is here with me and is being understanding, but I'm pissed off because I can't believe someone could be so low and do what Dave did to me. I'm a stranger, I didn't do anything to him.